Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES and kicking (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

that's a helluva start to the day! Way to go!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

ran an easy 12 this morning; happy with my mid-week 3 days. Off tomorrow then looking to do a long (17-20+) run Sat or Sun. Hoping for a combined 25+ miles Sat/Sun.

Thinking about signing up for a marathon on Sep 8 in Holland MI that I ran last year (was my 2019 BQ race - but didn't run Boston due to injury) so would make the LR 3 weeks out which seems ok. Will probably wait and see how the weather/family schedule looks that weekend and decide the week before. That's what I did last year and it worked, so...

Thanks again for all the plantar advice. I ran in more cushioned shoes this morning, without the superfeet insoles that I've been using the last few weeks, and felt much better. I think the insoles were helping my arch but hurting my heel. I ordered some spenco running insoles to try and the Strassburg sock.

back to work 

That's the paradox I found myself in. I prolonged the injury for weeks and eventually months trying to quell the heel pain by not running in support insoles because they were hard and hurt my heel, not realizing the heel pain was a direct result of plantar fasciitis which was due to a lack of arch support. It takes some time for the pain to subside so you don't make the connection that the insoles are the cure. If it were me, I would not run without the support insoles, not even for a single mile. YMMV

DavePNW

ran an easy 12 this morning; happy with my mid-week 3 days. Off tomorrow then looking to do a long (17-20+) run Sat or Sun. Hoping for a combined 25+ miles Sat/Sun.

Thinking about signing up for a marathon on Sep 8 in Holland MI that I ran last year (was my 2019 BQ race - but didn't run Boston due to injury) so would make the LR 3 weeks out which seems ok. Will probably wait and see how the weather/family schedule looks that weekend and decide the week before. That's what I did last year and it worked, so...

9/8 seems warm for a marathon. But you can celebrate afterwards at New Holland Brewing. Been there!

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Hmm, sounds about right. Okay, as you were.

Work is stupid, so I pretended I don't have any and wrote a RR. Here you go:

1mi — 5:41.7
          4mi — 25:41 (6:25/mi)
          5mi — 32:47 (6:33/mi)
          10K — 41:03 (6:36/mi)
          15K — 1:03:36 (6:49/mi)
          10mi — 1:08:37 (6:52/mi)
          HM — 1:31:31 (6:59/mi)
          30K — 2:13:43 (7:10/mi)
          FM — 3:12:36 (7:21/mi)

And I was wrong about Daniels... he predicts a 5:47 mile and a 3:09 marathon.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Work is stupid, so I pretended I don't have any and wrote a RR. Here you go:

1mi — 5:41.7
            4mi — 25:41 (6:25/mi)
            5mi — 32:47 (6:33/mi)
            10K — 41:03 (6:36/mi)
            15K — 1:03:36 (6:49/mi)
            10mi — 1:08:37 (6:52/mi)
            HM — 1:31:31 (6:59/mi)
            30K — 2:13:43 (7:10/mi)
            FM — 3:12:36 (7:21/mi)

And I was wrong about Daniels... he predicts a 5:47 mile and a 3:09 marathon.

Killing time at work and flipping backwards in your RRs...which Reebok flats do you have? Are they the top tier one, or the one that's down a notch? I heard so many good things about them, but am still hesitant to shell out top dollar for a pair of Reebok ha.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

Killing time at work and flipping backwards in your RRs...which Reebok flats do you have? Are they the top tier one, or the one that's down a notch? I heard so many good things about them, but am still hesitant to shell out top dollar for a pair of Reebok ha.

I have the Run Fast, not the Pro. They seem to be doing a perfectly fine job for me! And you don't have to be an idiot and shell out full price like I did (well, not really, I used a team code on RW) -- Reebok sends out a lot of promotional codes, just sign up for their email list.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I have the Run Fast, not the Pro. They seem to be doing a perfectly fine job for me! And you don't have to be an idiot and shell out full price like I did (well, not really, I used a team code on RW) -- Reebok sends out a lot of promotional codes, just sign up for their email list.

Thank you! The pro is starting to creep onto sale pages these days, so by the time I'd have any use for them, they may actually have come down to a number that seems more reasonable. I signed up for the Reebok page anyway, just in case 

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

9/8 seems warm for a marathon. But you can celebrate afterwards at New Holland Brewing. Been there!

A New Holland Dragon's Milk barrel-aged stout was my post-first marathon beer of choice! Great stuff!

Last year, post-marathon, I headed to Grand Haven for blueberry pancakes and a big egg dish at Morning Star Cafe. I highly recommend Morning Star if you are near Grand Haven (on Lake Michigan shore, north of Holland, south of Muskegon) for any reason.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

That's the paradox I found myself in. I prolonged the injury for weeks and eventually months trying to quell the heel pain by not running in support insoles because they were hard and hurt my heel, not realizing the heel pain was a direct result of plantar fasciitis which was due to a lack of arch support. It takes some time for the pain to subside so you don't make the connection that the insoles are the cure. If it were me, I would not run without the support insoles, not even for a single mile. YMMV

it is hard to figure what's causing what. I'm going to try the spenco insoles when they arrive as they are supposed to be a bit softer but we'll see if they give me enough arch support. The super feet insoles were fine the last time I ran with them so not sure what's going on this time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stoked that Hoka finally decided the Carbon X shoe didn't need to be white and ugly.  They just came out with the black.  I have been pondering this unmatchy shoe for Chicago so now I won't have to.  Now they will match WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.  I am bluerun would at least understand that. Wink

Damaris

sdWhiskers

That makes my head hurt.

LRB

it is hard to figure what's causing what. I'm going to try the spenco insoles when they arrive as they are supposed to be a bit softer but we'll see if they give me enough arch support. The super feet insoles were fine the last time I ran with them so not sure what's going on this time.

Going softer is the mistake I made. Hopefully it'll work for you.

From the Internet.

3:12 marathon. Go get it.

DO IT DO IT.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Stoked that Hoka finally decided the Carbon X shoe didn't need to be white and ugly.  They just came out with the black.  I have been pondering this unmatchy shoe for Chicago so now I won't have to.  Now they will match WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.  I am bluerun would at least understand that. Wink

I couldn't disagree more with you on that one...black shoes look so heavy to me that I generally won't touch them. I actually really like that white/red/blue colorway on the Carbon X. The lighter the color, the faster the shoes look to me.

Now, I can agree with you on the matching, at least for race day. Look good, feel good, play good has always been my motto.

From the Internet.

Blech feeling tired and stuffy. Ran a little over 7 easy this AM in BEAUTIFUL 62 degrees, no sun. Can't wait for that to be the norm instead of the low!

SUPER BUSY weekend ahead - hoping to run with a friend who's passing through town for part/most of my LR tomorrow morning, then concert with my mom tomorrow night, then off to Falmouth for bib pickup on Sat, potentially carpooling in with a friend for the race on Sunday. I expect I'll sleep like a baby Sunday night! Race weather looks warm but not the absolute worst - will probably just try to run controlled, practice drinking from cups at the water stations, pick it up a bit in the last couple miles if I have anything in the tank. Will be a 7 mile PR for sure, last time I ran it was 2016. And I have my new sports bra uniform top now, so at least I won't totally overheat!