Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES; In Search of... (Read 34 times)

LRB

Good morning.

I ended up drinking three glasses of wine last night. My intention was two, but the shit was so smooth and I really wasn't feeling anything...until I did.

That might hurt.

Anyway, I need to run up and down a hill as punishment apparently. And since there are none on any of my morning routes, I'll take my running gear to work and find one out in the sticks later in the day.

What's up?

Cyberic

Hope you enjoyed the wine.

I'll be run commuting today. The sidewalks are still dangerous, so I'll be wearing the YakTrax 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 crispy miles under clear skies.  I chased the big moon, but could not gain even a little on it.  It was a great morning for a good run.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

4.x miles with YakTrax, a backpack, a facemask pulled over my mouth. Still was fun!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  PT and Pilates today (leaving work early too, yay).  Was planning a 5 mile walk but Hershey seems to be losing weight without an explanation (I mean he eats like 10K calories a day and we call him the sweeper of the premises), so I'm going to take him to the vet to make sure nothing bad is going on.

Damaris

Dave, are the shoes new, old?  Shins, achilles, etc.  Unless you are compensating for the achilles, maybe check the shoes.

Shoes are actually new. Which was one of the problems that started all this. Ironically, since my shoes from yesterday were still soaking wet this morning, I went back to a pair of 500+ mile shoes.

Anyway, 8 miles, part of it in the rain. Shins were actually better, although achilles still sore.

Dave

LRB

Apparently, The Lego Batman Movie is certified fresh. I loved the original in 2014 (I saw it twice ), and will be checking this bad boy out fo' sheezy.

Cyberic

I have a problem. The vacation calendar is out for next year (vacation year is from March to February (???) ) and I have 39 days I have to put on there.

I have 5 days during March Break, 4 weeks (20 days) for my Italy vacation, 2 days to make my christmas holiday a full two weeks. That's 27 days. I still have 12 days to schedule. Life is hard! 

delicate flower

Hey hey what do you say what you do!  My last official day of vacation, though I still have the weekend.  Anyway, enough about all that.  I ran today for the first time in 12 days, which is my longest such streak since my 2011 knee surgery.  60 minute treadmill progression at a 7:23 avg pace.  Some discomfort in the left upper ribs area, but I was able to tolerate it.  I'm going to hit the pool after my 1:00 haircut.

So our four bags of skis never made it on our Southwest flight home Wednesday and we're still waiting for those to be delivered.  No big deal...only about $5000 worth of gear and clothes.

<3

onemile

I have a problem. The vacation calendar is out for next year (vacation year is from March to February (???) ) and I have 39 days I have to put on there.

I have 5 days during March Break, 4 weeks (20 days) for my Italy vacation, 2 days to make my christmas holiday a full two weeks. That's 27 days. I still have 12 days to schedule. Life is hard! 

4 weeks in Italy? I'm jealous

I get 4 weeks of vacation for the entire year 

LRB

I don't even think the president gets 39 vacation days. lol

I get 29 off days (17 vac 12 personal) plus I carry 32 days in my vacation bank. We used to have to fill out the calendar in advance as well, which completely sucked the spontaneity out of me. Thankfully, a new director came in and scrapping that stupidity was one of the first things she did. It also helps that the people in the office now work together to avoid scheduling conflicts, whereas in years past, the people with seniority took all the good days (Christmas, spring break, Labor Day etc.).

LRB

Hey hey what do you say what you do!  My last official day of vacation, though I still have the weekend.  Anyway, enough about all that.  I ran today for the first time in 12 days, which is my longest such streak since my 2011 knee surgery.  60 minute treadmill progression at a 7:23 avg pace.  Some discomfort in the left upper ribs area, but I was able to tolerate it.  I'm going to hit the pool after my 1:00 haircut.

So our four bags of skis never made it on our Southwest flight home Wednesday and we're still waiting for those to be delivered.  No big deal...only about $5000 worth of gear and clothes.

Shit.

onemile

I get 29 off days (17 vac 12 personal) 

Are personal days like sick days? Can you use them for anything?

Technically I get unlimited sick days...

Cyberic

I don't even think the president gets 39 vacation days. lol

Actually it's 40 days, not 39, as I finally gained another day from seniority.

So

21 days vacation for the year

5 sick days carry over into vacation

4 vacation days carry over

and...

remember how I told you guys I signed up for two full weeks of leave without pay? They're keeping a part of my salary to give it back to me, I'm not losing seniority or nothing. Anyways, that's another 10 days right there.

So that's 40 days total for next year. My sick days bank will also reset to 7 days. And, of course, I get all the federal and provincial holidays off, work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8 to 4 (could be 9 to 5 if I wanted to), and yet I complain that they took out the slack we had for lunch time. It used to pretty much be that as long as we worked our 35 hours/week, it didn't really matter when. But when the new management came in, they saw how hard it was to get everyone at once in a meeting, so they made rules 

LRB

Are personal days like sick days? Can you use them for anything?

Technically I get unlimited sick days...

I get 15 sick days, all but 3 of which get converted to personal days if I do not use them. So my 12 personal days were actually sick days that went unused from the previous year.

On the subject of sick days, I had something like a million of them banked at my last job. I ended up losing them all because I didn't use them up like other people do when they know their leaving their job.

But yes, I can pretty much use the personal days for anything.