Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What Marjorie said.

Or is it that getting back to running is hard?  If that, force yourself out there.  Have you check with other ultrarunners to see whether they go through something like this after races like the one you did?

Damaris

It's a number of things.  Not enough rest after the 72 hour event, jumping right into that 12 hour trail race, which resulted in spraining my ankle.  Work scheudle has been brutal too, and home life stress with a few things.  I'm still running, it's just not fun right now.  I'm just whining.  It's all small potatoes in the grand scheme.  Ok, no more whining.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No more whining!

But we're here if you want to whine. :-)

Maybe it's the other stuff that is making you cranky rather than the running....

Damaris

Ok, it's a new week!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Saving the world..... Well not really but saving some therapists from their silliness counts right?

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Saturday and Sunday night were ridiculously busy.   Glad I get some time off now.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yep new week but no news for me yet.  Still playing the waiting game.  Not sure if I mentioned it or not but I did get a phone call on the Chicago area position but the news is no decision has been made yet.  The Missouri position I don't expect to hear about this week as they were still doing the initial screening interviews this week.  Next week at the earliest will be the important interview with that position.

We mentioned it to my in-laws that I might wind up out of state and MIL thought I would be taking the motorhome out and living out of it during the week and driving home to Indiana every weekend and that the position might be just temporary while I wait to get called back to my old job.  Nope, if I get a job out of town we are selling the house and making a permanent move.  Her jaw then proceeded to bounce off the table.  FIL was like, what you are gonna move away and leave us here with the adult grandkids?  My response, so what you are saying is that we will need to look for 2 houses then if we move?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Ankle is beginning to come around.  Stretching and using a balance board lately to strengthen it.

Crew_Dawg

Van, you are whining.   I whine more than you though so I ain't a hypocrite Smile

I got my mojo back this weekend big time.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

G'morning.

Marjorie, you can save it one therapist at a time!

Doug, still hoping for the best for a local job for you.

Neil, we have to whine once in awhile, right?

Pam, glad you have a few days off now.

Looking forward to my bed this morning in about an hour.  I've been sleeping Ok, not great.  One more night shift, then it's a 4 day weekend to head to Colorado Springs for a family reunion.  And an attempt at climbing Pikes Peak.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Hubby tried a mile yesterday so if no pain today, he's back on the game.

Damaris

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Pike's Peak is cool.  We wimped out and took the cog railway up.  Anna was about 6 at the time so there was no way up other than the railway.  Well I guess we could have drove up as well.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry to hear about the ankle still not being back to normal.  Don't worry about FIL; do what is better for your family.  The rest will work itself out.

Damaris

Now we know why Neil got his mojo back, crewing for the guy that ran the reverse badwater run.  Nice!