Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.

So is it wrong that I slept in rather than going running . . .  and enjoyed the sleeping in part.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yo Neil!

You were talking about a 2014 marathon. . . . post up some ideas.

Crew_Dawg

I'd like to find a training type full (not pr) to knock off a state and gauge where I am for a race in late March in Kansas.   Then if that goes well I'd like to attempt a pr full in late April early may.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Not much going on in Kansas in March with a marathon.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Not much going on in Kansas in March with a marathon.

Nope, but there is one race Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nice long run. Now just chillin on the couch.

Marjorie

Oh, yeah, I totally misread that, oops. I think you're hinting about a certain race, it's a good race, had several friends run it this year, but it also got cancelled mid-race because of a blizzard.  So what are the odds that it will happen again?

Marjorie, it feels good when you get it done!  I'm working the day shift, and will do my long run this evening around the Lake as the sun goes down.  Makes for a long ass day.

Crew_Dawg

Oh, yeah, I totally misread that, oops. I think you're hinting about a certain race, it's a good race, had several friends run it this year, but it also got cancelled mid-race because of a blizzard.  So what are the odds that it will happen again?

I am hoping unlikely because as of today I am starting that long process to get up to that mileage.  29 weeks to go

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Back from my run.  I REALLY need to learn to stick with my plan as well.  Planned for 13 - 14 miles.  Came home with 17 miles.  Over ran myself and was crawling home as a result.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Doug!

Good luck, Neil!

I ran 20 today, last 10 were supposed to be at 11mm (MP + 10%).  I ran them at 10:30 and I could've run them faster.  I will stick to my MP because I am afraid the asthma will rise in Chicago, especially since I am no longer a vegetarian (and that creates other asthma issues), but I cannot wait to try a PR.  10:30 is almost my Berlin PR pace and now it feels so easy.

Damaris

Well shit, for some reason I came short by 0.1 for the month but I am not going back out.  This run was a victory, and I'll leave it at that.

8.5 windy miles

I hereby grant you permission to round to the nearest mile.  And so, congratulations on meeting your goal mileage!   Wink

Crew_Dawg

Thanks Granite Smile

Damaris, what's your meaning in your new avi?  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You had me at marathon....Joking

Thanks Granite Smile

Damaris, what's your meaning in your new avi?  Big grin

Damaris

Neil, good luck with the running!

Damaris, hope you have a great Chicago race.  And yes, uh, that's a busty pic.

Granite, I agree, close enough counts in my book for that one.

Doug, hope you don't pay for it tomorrow.