Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Wandering Wally

Howdy all.  Last night's run was the coldest of the season so far.  I knew it was going to hurt for the first 10-15 minutes and it did.  Once I warmed up it was great.  Snow was falling, not many people out and about, Christmas lights are all on.  It was just like a movie.

Damaris - Glad your kitty seems to be doing a bit better.  Another cold weather running tip for you:  As soon as you get home, change into something warm and dry.  I immediately throw on my flannel PJ's and it's awesome.  No shivers.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice.  We ran and then went straight to a Puerto Rican restaurant to eat.  Ha.

Trixie is home.  For the time being.  More tests are needed.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I'm all fussed and feathered, with heavy mascara and hooker lipstick.  I'm ready to sing!!  Leaving in about 15 ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hey folks, hope you are well.  Busy busy here.  Getting over my cold, starting to round the curve. Be well.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  First Trixie force feeding didn't go well.  In addition, she peed her cat bed at 1am.  Oy.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Van, glad you're feeling better!!  D, not so much fun with Trixie.  Cats are just so picky about what they will and won't eat, and when.  When Kaycee wasn't eating due to a kidney infection, our vet gave us some high-calorie goo to give her.  Mostly she lapped that up, do you have anything similar?

Glad it's Friday!  And my hands are still rashy, which is annoying.  But if I go back to my doc, he will put me on more prednisone.  Which would also be annoying.  What to do, what to do ....  At least the rash is confined to my hands this time.  It has to go away eventually, right?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Just had a nice visit with my SIL. Trying to get laundry done ahead of a three night stretch.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Van, glad you're feeling better!!  D, not so much fun with Trixie.  Cats are just so picky about what they will and won't eat, and when.  When Kaycee wasn't eating due to a kidney infection, our vet gave us some high-calorie goo to give her.  Mostly she lapped that up, do you have anything similar?

Glad it's Friday!  And my hands are still rashy, which is annoying.  But if I go back to my doc, he will put me on more prednisone.  Which would also be annoying.  What to do, what to do ....  At least the rash is confined to my hands this time.  It has to go away eventually, right?

That is what I'm force feeding her.  I gave her 50ccs at lunch time.  Progress.  Then, she peed in her bed again.  Ugh.

Damaris

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Kickin' it at work.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Raining like crazy here today.  Was okay when I went to run, puppy pool and raking the front yard  But when I got to Pet Smart, it started to rain.  DH got most of the back yard raked but there is still more to do.

House cleaned blah blah blah.

Worked really long hours all week in Florida.  Most nights I didn't go to bed until 1 or 2 am!  At least no travel next week or the week after.  Jan and Feb will be full of travel.

Best news, the hip was really good for todays run.  About damn freakin time

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran a HM with hubby today.  In blinding pain.  I better get surgery soon (appointment in 9 days!)

The results for us are NOT SHOWING UP.  I am angry because that is his qualifying race for the Half Fanatics and this race was disorganized to the T.

In other news, I am getting better at feeding Trixie and she is almost done with her food for today.  She is still just laying there sleeping and peeing her bed all day long.  I am really getting discouraged and even wonder if she will get better. 

Damaris

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yay for Marjorie!

hugs for Damaris....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.  Did you continue to kick it at work?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey folks, hope you are well.  Busy busy here.  Getting over my cold, starting to round the curve. Be well.

Sorry for not responding earlier, but hoping you feel better today!

Damaris

Marjorie, good news on the hip!

Damaris, hope you get the results figured out.  You've got your Garmin time to give to them as a last resort.  And sorry about your kitty.  Sounds like she may not be getting better.  And hope you feel better soon.

Pam, hope the set of shifts are going ok.

Mike, I need to get some warm lounging clothes.  It might help me toloerate winter a little more.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.