Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

2nd offer came in last night around dinner time.  And since I had not seen the first offer yet I went ahead and did an interview with yet another company and they seem to really like me as well.  Supposed to be doing another phone interview today with them and see where that goes.  Salary wise the range is better than the 2nd offer but at the same time I am told there could be as much as 30% of my time spent traveling.

Yeah 30% does not sound all that bad until you break it down.  5 days a week so 20 working days in a month.  30% is 6 days so on average I will be on the road about 1 week a month.  The higher salary sounds nice but at the same time being on the road 16 weeks a year on average does not make it sound all that better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice to have an offer on the table though. Good luck with the others.

Damaris

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good luck on the job hunt, Doug!

Streets are a skating rink this am. Yay.

Relentless forward progress

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey all,

Snow kept me home yesterday, which was nice.  I'm planning out a cake I'm going to attempt for Superbowl Sunday.  It's a little more ambitious than I've tried before -- you bake two layers and then slice them horizontally to make four.  There's a lemon curd that goes between the layers, and then a fluffy lemon frosting for the outsides and top.

I've made a layer cake before, but only the box mix with canned frosting type.  So this should be quite interesting ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Once offers start seems you get several. Good luck Doug.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Lots of laundry to do before starting a three night stretch at work tonight.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, all!  Glad it's Friday, but I have a meeting in about 20 minutes, several samples to run, a database to update, etc.  Guess I won't be bored today!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yeah its Friday!  Damn its Friday Sad

Still waiting impatiently for the job offer in writing from company 2.  I have the offer from Company 1 but am stonewalling on it.  Company 2 offers more money so that is why I am waiting to get it in writing before telling #1 no thanks.

I had the phone interview with company 3 yesterday (the one with travel involved) and found out it quite probably will be more than 30%.  And because of that wifey will have difficulty maintaining the house and running around while I am gone and her working.  Realistically she would have to revert back to being a stay at home parent.  While company 3 is offering more money than company 2, its not enough to make up for the loss of her wages.  Strongly leaning away from company 3 at this time from a financial standpoint.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, it sounds like door #3 would complicate your life more than you need.  Hope door #2 comes through for you!!

When I interviewed for my current position, the chair of the department called me that evening to tell me they wanted to offer me the job.  So the next day I went to my boss at the time and told him I'd gotten an offer, and he asked me to write my resignation letter as soon as possible so that they could advertise my position and hopefully fill it without too big of a gap.  So a few days later I turned in my resignation.

Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten the formal offer from the new place in hand.  Eventually I called and found out that the dean had reservations about hiring me.  So I had to come back in and have a second meeting with him.  He felt that I was interviewing just as a formality, to get more money from the job I was in.  Luckily my resignation letter worked in my favor there -- it wasn't too hard to convince him that I really wanted the job!  But it was truly freaky for a couple of days, had I just resigned from an ok job without actually truly getting the new job?  I spent those days convinced I was an idiot, and screwed.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Offer has hit my email ! ! ! !! ! !

I start work on Feb 10, 2014 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats, Doug!

Hope's Mom, that could've turned worse that it did, no?

Hubby's CT Scan shows a lung nodule but only at 3mm.  So checkup in 1 year and I think it's not as bad as we first thought.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Happiness all around!!  Congrats on your offer, Venom, and good news for your DH, Docket!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yippee Doug

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Congratulations Doug!  Woo hoo!

Damaris - Good news for your Husband.

Tonight I will be out running while everyone else is Super Bowling or whatever.  Should make for light traffic on the roads while people are inside doing whatever they do.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast