Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

It's Friday!  Time for a Costco trip.  I always buy 10 times more than need at that place.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Happy Bday Heather!!

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Happy Friday!  I haven't got anything done today that I planned to do.  Oh well.

Happy Birthday Heather!

Just a note about hummus:  If you tend to get the "tummy music" from beans, then some Beano with that hummus is a good idea.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

That's a good side effect Mike.  Better out than in, Shrek was right.

Got the appraisal back for the house, no problems.  In fact, it appraised about $30,000 higher than the county has it valued at.  I'm ok with that.  The county doesn't see the report anyhow, but it's a nice feeling knowing your house is worth more than you thought.  Wish I could sell it and downsize.  Ha.

Docket_Rocket

Interesting.  Over here, the appraiser's office value is very low compared to market value.  If I see it I would freak out.

But good news!

I do hummus with chickpeas so it does not give me any weird stomach bean issues.  Beans is a staple in our cuisine so I would be cured of those effects, Right?

That's a good side effect Mike.  Better out than in, Shrek was right.

Got the appraisal back for the house, no problems.  In fact, it appraised about $30,000 higher than the county has it valued at.  I'm ok with that.  The county doesn't see the report anyhow, but it's a nice feeling knowing your house is worth more than you thought.  Wish I could sell it and downsize.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Chickpeas are garbanzo beans.  Once your body gets used to legumes it's usually not a problem.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Starting a three night stretch tonight. Hoping for a good weekend....

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

I know but I have never had stomach issues from them but I've had with some beans.

Chickpeas are garbanzo beans.  Once your body gets used to legumes it's usually not a problem.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

There are ways to reduce the starch, mainly by washing the beans if canned, and soaking beans if not.  Removing the husks helps a little too, and will make a slightly more creamy hummus too.

Pam, hope work is OK.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So glad it is Friday and after 5pm.  Happy birthday Heather

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Yuck.  I like mine chunky, which is why I like garbanzos better.  Which is weird because I used to hate arroz con garbanzos.

There are ways to reduce the starch, mainly by washing the beans if canned, and soaking beans if not.  Removing the husks helps a little too, and will make a slightly more creamy hummus too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

We made chocolate cake batter hummus tonight.  It's a slightly weird taste, but still really good on a graham cracker!  The mind is easy to trick sometimes, even while it's procesisng the combination of beans and chocolate and tahini.  Smile

@runjerseygirl

Mind if I join you?  I must have been drawn to this thread from all the hummus talk. Smile

Do you even run?

Hey Kay, welcome to the party.