Beginners and Beyond

Arctic WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Well I figured out why my easy run felt incredibly hard yesterday. Getting sick. Couldn't get in the groove at work, every little thing felt like it took so much effort. Could feel my HR a little higher, etc. Woke up at my normal time and just felt drained...there was no way I was heading out in 10F weather and running anything. Going to work in a bit but no running for me today. At least its not the flu or anything like that.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Jay - Hope it's not something serious.  Get better.

I did 7 last night in a balmy 23 degrees.  The bike path was still covered in snow so I could hear the crunching under my feet the whole time. Plan for another 7 tonight.  It will warm up to 26.... heat wave!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Snow city coming to the E coast!  I'm thinking 10/5 today, but will see when I warmup.

Jay: Rest up. Sad

Berto: Nice work, and have another crunchy 7.  

Coast:  Nice work.

Blue: Bath. Water. Bath. Water. Bath. Water.

bluerun

Super B****

I feel you, Jay ... I've been fighting off a cold for what seems like a week.  It's not fun!

5.7 miles -- how on earth did I prance around in a swimsuit in this temperature?!  It is so damn cold.  But the good thing is that my leg, which hurt before I started (same stupid shit keeps cropping up), feels a lot better now, so that's a win.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning!!  2600 yard swim done before work and it was a good swim.  Bike workout later.

So as if the cold wasn't enough, we're about to get hit with 8" of snow tomorrow, then it'll get even colder.  Weather!

<3

oldfartrunner

Hey, RW just lowered their price on the NB 1400V5! Put in RTR10 and get another 10% off. Great racing shoe IMO. I don't think the new version is coming out until April, but it looks like just the tongue and upper will be changed, the ride/tread will be the same. I'm getting me another pair cause I use them in training quite a bit, but may get the lighter version for racing in April. Smile

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/New_Balance_1400_v5/descpage-N14V5M2.html

http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/gear/rs/new-balance-1400-v6-first-look/

Looks like the Break Thru 4 is in now too.

5 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the 6 with 2 @ MP I switched from yesterday and weights.  I have a sore throat, FFS.

I put a call to the vet since Bugsy's mouth sores are bad again and he has not been eating well (and appears to be in pain when he eats).  More prednisone might be needed.

Damaris

zzyzx

Back from NYC. I did a reasonable job of moving in the cold while there. Yesterday I had a big lifting day and my best day on the exercise bike in months. Today I felt like I was coming down with something and took a "rest day," meaning I just did half the stair challenge and no lifting and called it good.

Cyberic

Ran 12 on the mountain in a balmy 7 degrees when I started, and it got even warmer by the end!

Snow made the footing slippery, but it sure felt good to have a break in temperature.

sdWhiskers

Only 4 easy miles this morning which meant I could "sleep in" until 6am. After getting up later all during the holiday break, the 5:15am wake up yesterday almost killed me. I was in bed before 9pm last night  

I also got in a strength training session after work yesterday and I have another one today after work. I've been working with a personal trainer for awhile now, usually doing 2 sessions a week but it's been tough with marathon training. I'm just SO tired. On the positive side, it has helped keep me injury-free and feel maybe a little stronger going up hills. The gym was shockingly only normal busy last night...the resolutioners are maybe procrastinating this year?

Cyberic

Good Morning Runners!

Well I figured out why my easy run felt incredibly hard yesterday. Getting sick. Couldn't get in the groove at work, every little thing felt like it took so much effort. Could feel my HR a little higher, etc. Woke up at my normal time and just felt drained...there was no way I was heading out in 10F weather and running anything. Going to work in a bit but no running for me today. At least its not the flu or anything like that.

Just starting to get better myself. Resting HR (per Garmin) finally was back in the 40s last night (49) after like 2 weeks in the 50s, even high 50s for a few days. Normal, for me, is 46-48. All I have is a cold, too. Resting HR really shows that fighting a virus takes a toll on the body.

onemile

I ran 8

oldfartrunner

I got 10. Smile Felt good so picked it up back with a snappy pace.

Hey, DW was running 5 miles with the 15 yo mutt, and the mutt got a hind leg cramp!  Said her leg was stuck straight out the back and she was yelping and crying!  It finally loosened up and they ran back and Spunky tore around the house, so guess ok? Never heard of a dog getting a cramp.  You guys?

CY: 7 degrees.

Cyberic

OFR, I see you're getting the hang of the log. Cool. Nice faster finish 10 miler. Always good to finish a run strong!