Beginners and Beyond

For your reading pleasure; SaturDAILIES! (Read 31 times)

LRB

3.1 miles in a slow 35:02, but seeing my 8-year-old run every step of the way and finish smiling was worth it.

Awesome! Is this his first without walking?

LRB

Memorial service this AM for a great man, great artist, great runner who died last week after 76 years of contributing good to the world.

Maybe a short run later in his honor.

A run will be good for the mind and soul.

Zel I love the treadmills at most hotels. Some of which are worth thousands of dollars.

Boon, surprised to hear you have a mentally tough treadmill run, you usually own that thing.  Must have been a fluke.

I cannot wait to see those pics Marj!

Hi D. I thought you had one of them stupid marathons today?

Zelanie

LRB, I thought you authorized her to run next week instead.

LRB

LRB, I thought you authorized her to run next week instead.

I cannot keep up with her. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A run will be good for the mind and soul.

Zel I love the treadmills at most hotels. Some of which are worth thousands of dollars.

Boon, surprised to hear you have a mentally tough treadmill run, you usually own that thing.  Must have been a fluke.

I cannot wait to see those pics Marj!

Hi D. I thought you had one of them stupid marathons today?

Next week!  And our races are Sunday down here phew.  I hate Saturday races.

Damaris

Zelanie

Delayed flight is almost boarding. I didn't take the alternate one through Chicago. I might just have to use my running skillz to make my connection.

LRB

I expended so much energy at that stupid track that my blood sugar crashed and I felt light headed while standing forever in line at the fly trap waiting for a seat.

So I left that place and called in an order at another and ate a tootsie roll pop on the way (yes I am two years old). 

I feel much better now, that hasn't happened in forever and is probably a result of cutting back on calories during the week catching up with me.

LRB

Next week!  And our races are Sunday down here phew.  I hate Saturday races.

What happened to the one you were running this week?

Zelanie

I think that was me misreading "next weekend" as "this weekend" a few days ago and thinking about a possible FE.

StepbyStep-SH

Awesome! Is this his first without walking?

It is! Two weeks ago he ran the first whole mile, then had about 4 walk breaks in the last two. This time, he just kept saying "I think I can go a little farther" as I'd point out where 1.5 miles, 2 miles were. Then just before the two mile mark, he says "I think I'm going to run the whole thing!" It wasn't fast, but he was one of only 3 kids under age 12 who ran the 5k, rather than the kids' races later in the morning. And he fairly legitimately outsprinted me the last hundred yards. Little stinker.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Delayed flight is almost boarding. I didn't take the alternate one through Chicago. I might just have to use my running skillz to make my connection.

If I tried to run during anytime other than a run I would probably break into a million pieces. lol

Go girl go!

LRB

It is! Two weeks ago he ran the first whole mile, then had about 4 walk breaks in the last two. This time, he just kept saying "I think I can go a little farther" as I'd point out where 1.5 miles, 2 miles were. Then just before the two mile mark, he says "I think I'm going to run the whole thing!" It wasn't fast, but he was one of only 3 kids under age 12 who ran the 5k, rather than the kids' races later in the morning. And he fairly legitimately outsprinted me the last hundred yards. Little stinker.

He's come a long way since that 4-H race (IIRC) and the races in school and you have been there every step of the way...or is it Step by Step.  

LRB

I think that was me misreading "next weekend" as "this weekend" a few days ago and thinking about a possible FE.

It is admirable for you to try and take the heat for her with your sweet self but SHE SAID IT rah, rah rah!

Now let's hear it Missy, why aren't you running that marathon this weekend? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What happened to the one you were running this week?

I had scheduled a 50K for today but I took it off my list months ago due to asthma.  I am also not running the 50 miler I had next year, if you were keeping count....

Damaris