Beginners and Beyond

Monday Dailies (Read 34 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not working today, so it's a good Monday. Getting ready to take my car in for service and have a route planned out near the dealership.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 2 hrs on the trainer.  It was a good workout, and I am definetly seeing power gains from the time on the hanster wheel.  I'm looking forward to a 50 degree morning, so I can see how the investment pays off on Strava segments.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Working today but slept only 3 hours, so considering just passing out, ha.  7 miles tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

Run commute day, in shorts! It's around freezing point, very light wind, light flurries coming down, the ground is covered with snow from last week, still. That made my day.

delicate flower

'Monday.  5 mile roll-out-of-bed run done before sunrise.  It was dark, cold, raining, and slow, but I ran real easy so it was an oddly enjoyable run.  I kept my Garmin under my sleeve and never looked at it.

<3

delicate flower

Also, Turkey Day 5K forecast is saying single digit temps.  Yikes.

<3

5 mile roll-out-of-bed run done before sunrise.  

^this.

Dave

Blerg.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You need to switch to Celsius. Single digit Celsius isn't bad at all.  BTW I can remember running Manchester after a 12" overnight snowfall. Not sure which I would prefer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

You need to switch to Celsius. Single digit Celsius isn't bad at all.  BTW I can remember running Manchester after a 12" overnight snowfall. Not sure which I would prefer.

Word is this will be the coldest Manchester in it's 82 year history.  And I'll take the cold over running on a snowy, slippery road.

<3

From the Internet.

Morning!

Speed workout - 5x300m, 4x300m, 3x300m. Short rest between reps, longer rest (a whopping 300m) between sets. Nailed them all around 5:45-5:50 pace, faster on the last one.

delicate flower

So speaking of cold temps, it is easy to find rough estimates and charts on how much rising temps affect your run pace, but there isn't much out there online that shows how declining temps affect run performance.  For myself, I don't think extreme cold hurts my performance as much as extreme heat does.   0 degrees will not slow me down like 95 degrees does.  It'd be nice to read some articles on that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So speaking of cold temps, it is easy to find rough estimates and charts on how much rising temps affect your run pace, but there isn't much out there online that shows how declining temps affect run performance.  For myself, I don't think extreme cold hurts my performance as much as extreme heat does.   0 degrees will not slow me down like 95 degrees does.  It'd be nice to read some articles on that.

Wouldn't that change if you have snow and how clear the roads/trails are?

Damaris

delicate flower

Wouldn't that change if you have snow and how clear the roads/trails are?

Yes but I am just wondering about cold temps.  Roads are usually all clear for running unless it is within 12 hours after a snowfall.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A quick search found this on cold temps affecting running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.