Beginners and Beyond

Monday Dailies (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

Great point. Unlike me, who has left almost as many races as I've stayed for for one reason or a dozen. lol

The most egregious was a 5k in Lansing one year. I drove 70 minutes, registered, jogged 3 miles for a warm up, determined I wasn't feeling it, then got in my car and left. 

Ha! I can't imagine doing that. I am pretty much never feeling it, but then race anyway. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Ha! I can't imagine doing that. I am pretty much never feeling it, but then race anyway. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

The only race I won was preceded by a lousy warm up.

<3

Cyberic

10 miles while waiting for my car. Found $40 at the start of my run. Ended the run at a cupcake store. I no longer have $40. 

I guess I can't complain about the crisp 25 degree weather for my turkey trot.

Why not? Join in the fun!

workinprogress11

+1 and I’m too much of a cheapskate to pay for a race and then not run it. When I had the pelvic stress fracture a few years back, but about a week before it was diagnosed, I had already registered for a 4th of July 5k and I just couldn’t not run it. It was 6 minutes slower than my PR and I’m sure it screwed me up even more, but I didn’t waste my $30 registration fee, haha.

I never claimed to be smart. I just went on a 3 hour house cleaning spree in my boot and now my foot is throbbing.

LRB

The only race I won was preceded by a lousy warm up.

Here's to a lousy warm up Thursday! 🏆

LRB

10 miles while waiting for my car. Found $40 at the start of my run. Ended the run at a cupcake store. I no longer have $40. 

Complaining is a birthright in this country. 

LRB

+1 and I’m too much of a cheapskate to pay for a race and then not run it. When I had the pelvic stress fracture a few years back, but about a week before it was diagnosed, I had already registered for a 4th of July 5k and I just couldn’t not run it. It was 6 minutes slower than my PR and I’m sure it screwed me up even more, but I didn’t waste my $30 registration fee, haha.

I never claimed to be smart. I just went on a 3 hour house cleaning spree in my boot and now my foot is throbbing.

Damn it...although it can sometimes mean nothing at all.

Baboon

delicate flower

Here's to a lousy warm up Thursday! 🏆

This race has a fast field.  There will be numerous people in the 16's and 17's.  I'm going for top three AG for a trophy.  19:48 wasn't fast enough when I ran this in 2016.  In 2015 I ran 19:12 and was 1 AG.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

My gripe about the cold turkey trot...it's 1.7 miles from my house. I planned on running there and back. But now, not so sure since I may want more clothes to start

onemile

My gripe about the cold turkey trot...it's 1.7 miles from my house. I planned on running there and back. But now, not so sure since I may want more clothes to start

I'd just take off the extra clothes and set them down by a tree and put them back on after the race.  No one will take them.

LRB

You can a half mile to a mile at your house bundled up, then strip down and run there. That's actually what I did for my half (not the exact distances but the concept).

LRB

I'd just take off the extra clothes and set them down by a tree and put them back on after the race.  No one will take them.

Or that. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Our TT weather will be in the high 70s if not warmer.  Come on down!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure if I would leave any clothes on a route I'm running in.  Nor water for that matter.  I'll probably see some dude wearing my stuff before I have even return for them.

LRB, I would have stayed in bed or run the race after the lousy warmup.  I'm an all in or out kind of girl, lol.

Damaris

Runshortii

My 10K Thursday has a starting temp of 29 and real feel of 20. I’ll take it. Should probably figure out what I’m wearing. I HATE being too warm when racing and usually err on the side of freezing my ass off a little before the start