Beginners and Beyond

Monday Dailies (Read 34 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Same here.  And I will wear tights.  And two shirts.  And mittens.

Happy birthday!

This is about what I will be wearing. And a nice warm hat.

Happy Birthday ROS, your DH did good.

bluerun

Super B****

This is about what I will be wearing. And a nice warm hat.

I think I'm going to go with a headband (I actually hate having things on my head and avoid it whenever possible)... I'm going to be a carbon copy of myself at last year's Turkey Trot.  With a different pair of shoes.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You guys have it easy because your races only last 4-5 hours at the most.  It was 35F at the start of my last race, got up into the mid-50s, then dropped back down into the mid-30s before the end.  That means several stops just to take off or put on different clothing in a 24 hour period.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You guys have it easy because your races only last 4-5 hours at the most.  It was 35F at the start of my last race, got up into the mid-50s, then dropped back down into the mid-30s before the end.  That means several stops just to take off or put on different clothing in a 24 hour period.

I would wear a tank and shorts for all those temps.  No wardrobe change, voila. Big grin

Damaris

Cyberic

When I'm shopping online, I wish I lived in the USA. So much more choice. If it doesn't fit, send it back. I can shop from US sites in Canada, but I pay a lot for shipping, I might pay for customs, and it would be a pain to send back merchandise that doesn't fit.

There are advantages to living in Canada (here, running in the cold doesn't affect performance) but there are disadvantages as well.

onemile

I would wear a tank and shorts for all those temps.  No wardrobe change, voila. Big grin

not if you were running at 12 hour pace

onemile

I would burn the hell up otherwise.

I feel like your avatar is not dressed for the season

onemile

I ran 7

sdWhiskers

I think I will need help dressing for CIM.

This is what I'm used to:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/92126:4:US

Forecast for Sacramento on Dec 2: High 60, Low 37 + RAIN. So hopefully that means smoke won't be an issue but I am not conditioned for cold and wet

Half Crazy K 2.0

Forecast for Sacramento on Dec 2: High 60, Low 37 + RAIN. So hopefully that means smoke won't be an issue but I am not conditioned for cold and wet

I'd go with capris and probably a long sleeve. I feel better in cool & rain with more clothes. Capris are to avoid chafing from wet shorts. And a visor for sure.

onemile

There is no way that they know this far ahead that it will rain on Dec 2nd. That's ridiculous and it's silly to worry about it.  Check the weather again in about a week and then you can start to fret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is no way that they know this far ahead that it will rain on Dec 2nd. That's ridiculous and it's silly to worry about it.  Check the weather again in about a week and then you can start to fret

You must be new here. 

Damaris

onemile

You must be new here. 

And you surely have run enough marathons to know the forecast 2 weeks out is never right (unless you're in Canada where the normal rules don't apply)

sdWhiskers

And you surely have run enough marathons to know the forecast 2 weeks out is never right (unless you're in Canada where the normal rules don't apply)

I completely agree   but I also live somewhere with basically the same weather every single day. So my running attire is shorts and tank every day. Year round. I'm trying to anticipate and prepare maybe for the worst? I don't run in pants or capris so wouldn't really add in those at this point. I was thinking of buying arm sleeves to go with the shorts/tank/visor.

Sounds like at CIM you can stay in the buses up until almost start time so I wouldn't completely freeze. But 40's are temps I only see a week or so each year!

Half Crazy K 2.0

The weather seems pretty consistent in Miami too.