Beginners and Beyond

Monday Dailies (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

Still at work, but I kind of feel like I am not allowed to complain about it yet.  We're at 10 hours now but I think complaining requires at least a 12 hour work day.

I feel that I can complain about work as soon as I show up in the morning.

Dave

LRB

Lol just when I thought I had settled on attire for Thursday I checked the forecast again - 17F with 20 mph winds  I think I might err on the side of being too warm. Gloves and hat for sure, club singlet is a definite, just have to decide on capris or shorts and arm warmers or LS under singlet. And of course the extra layers on top to warm up.

I first read that as minus 17.

LRB

I feel like your avatar is not dressed for the season

Huge sigh. It's a valid point...although I would dress like that for all but the most coldest temps. lol

Runshortii

I did as well lol

DavePNW

Dave

DavePNW

Lol just when I thought I had settled on attire for Thursday I checked the forecast again - 17F with 20 mph winds  I think I might err on the side of being too warm. Gloves and hat for sure, club singlet is a definite, just have to decide on capris or shorts and arm warmers or LS under singlet. And of course the extra layers on top to warm up.

I think that's a windchill of around zero. I'm bundling the hell up for that thing. I guess actually similar to the race I was talking about earlier, so there is precedent. I don't recall at any point feeling too warm with 3 layers.

Dave

DavePNW

We are going to Eugene for Thanksgiving which we did last year. I checked again and it still blows my mind that they have a Turkey Trot where you can choose between a 2-mile and 4-mile race. WTF. Can you please split the difference and have a race distance I care about?

MTA: there is a normal 5k in nearby Springfield. I checked last year's results, here were the finishing times for the top 3 M50-54: 16:15, 18:03, 18:23. 

Dave

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

I feel that I can complain about work as soon as before I show up in the morning.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

We are going to Eugene for Thanksgiving which we did last year. I checked again and it still blows my mind that they have a Turkey Trot where you can choose between a 2-mile and 4-mile race. WTF. Can you please split the difference and have a race distance I care about?

Our turkey day run has a 2 mile and 10K. I wish they could just have a 5K like normal turkey runs

DavePNW

I see your avi pic is now getting ready to run Lauren's race.

Dave

DavePNW

Our turkey day run has a 2 mile and 10K. I wish they could just have a 5K like normal turkey runs

According to RunningintheUSA.com, within 50 miles of Seattle there are 21 races on Thanksgiving Day, and 20 of them include a 5k.

Dave

LRB

I see your avi pic is now getting ready to run Lauren's race.

That's my warm up gear.

onemile

That's my warm up gear.

Lol

LRB

Lol

All this talk about Thanksgiving races has me envious, hmph.