Beginners and Beyond

August Miles (Read 52 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

149.8 running

40.3 on the bik

0.6 in the pool

Pop-up storms seemingly daily, stupid heat and a couple of NRR issues made this a tough month for sure.

I'm officially over summer. Roll on cooler temps (he says eyeballing another week mostly in the 90s)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

hog4life

Zelanie

178.9.  Pretty solid month for me.

Brilliant

362. No doubles.  And yes, I do have a job.

Mother of Pearl!  I *don't* have a paid job and can't imagine running that much.  (of course, at my pace, I'd have to run 17 hours a week to get that number of miles in)

MTA:  Just checked out your log. A year ago you were where I am, 30-40 mpw.  Then 6 months ago you started steadily increasing (your weeks are almost perfectly stair-stepped!)  What happened?  Why the increase?

124.2 for me in August.

skygazer

holy shit

wanna pace me at RCM?

You're running RCM (marathon) AGAIN!

You're a brave soul.

And I can't run a marathon. I don't know how people (Lily, Damaris or a bunch of folks here) do it. They do long runs like eating breakfast. I have problem even running 15 miles now. It hurts like hell.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Mother of Pearl!  I *don't* have a paid job and can't imagine running that much.  (of course, at my pace, I'd have to run 17 hours a week to get that number of miles in)

MTA:  Just checked out your log. A year ago you were where I am, 30-40 mpw.  Then 6 months ago you started steadily increasing (your weeks are almost perfectly stair-stepped!)  What happened?  Why the increase?

124.2 for me in August.

I'm pretty slow, it takes me 14-15 hours a week.

A year ago I was just coming back from a stress fracture in my foot. I was at 60ish a week before that.   I then had a little accident and thumb surgery the first of this year.  That took me till February to get over and regain my mojo.

I just like to run.  It's the best mental health plan I can think of.  It's supposed to be good for the body, too.

Honestly, the more I run, the easier it is.  80 miles a week now is less tiring than 50 a week was last year.  The sore spots are no more sore, and I get out of bed moving like a creaky middle-aged dude regardless of miles.

Runner with a riding problem.

Creawood

42.9 -- up from 32 in July and a BIG FAT ZERO for the past year.

Knee surgery sucks, but the kid is on the way back!

LRB

42.9 -- up from 32 in July and a BIG FAT ZERO for the past year.

Knee surgery sucks, but the kid is on the way back!

'Sup, yo. It's good to see you.

Creawood

'Sup, yo. It's good to see you.

Good to be back, thanks.  Always drew a lot of motivation from this group, nice to see it still going strong.

LRB

Good to be back, thanks.  Always drew a lot of motivation from this group, nice to see it still going strong.

So what happened to your knee?

Creawood

So what happened to your knee?

Short version:  torn meniscus.  Didn't do it running, hurt just as much.  Fooled around with PT and cortisone all fall, finally did the surgery in March.  That actually went well, I've just been a lot longer than I hoped to get running again.  But the running AT LAST is going well.  Next goal: break 100 miles for 2015!