Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES FFS (Read 46 times)

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What the what is on the home page?  Funny!

I am off today and ran 7, 4 with a RWOL forumite from the Marathoners group.  Pilates later.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice pic.  Looks sunny! 

Damaris

From the Internet.

Heading out to attempt 11 with 8 at HMP in about an hour D: Set my alarm for 4:55 this morning to try to get it out of the way early but I haven't had a good solid 8 hours of sleep in days, I'm congested from allergies, and my boss is still away today, so I opted to sleep a couple more hours and push the run back. I'll miss the luxury of being able to do that when I get a real job! Will be taking watered-down Gatorade in my handheld bottle to see if I can tolerate it on race day - I don't think I want to take a gel with me if I can help it.

Can one have taper madness with a week of training left before the taper starts? I don't think I'm going to deal with it very well!!

DavePNW

Nice pic Babs.

On Long Island today. 8 miles this morning.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I had no motivation this morning and seriously considered going back to bed, then I considered switching from a swim to a bike ride, but decided my legs need to be fresh for today's appointment with the ortho (should be released back to running! Fingers crossed!), so I swam. I even swam a whole 1600m - only the second time I've covered that distance in the pool. (And I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile to have someone teach me how to do a flip-turn - what is happening to me?!?)

I feel good, but sleepy, now. Hoping for good news from the ortho doc and my PT, who I see later this morning. If all goes well, tomorrow's workout will include a handful of 1-minute running segments.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy busy day at work yesterday after 4 days off..  finally caught up a bit.

As for today, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!  Will only be about 71 degrees today, low humidity, sunshine,  a few cotton-candy clouds.  Sounds like a perfect day for a run after work along the San Antonio Riverwalk for 3 - 4 miles.

Happy Tuesday!  Today is April 28th and holidays for today are:

Biological Clock Day

AFL-CIO
                Workers Memorial Day/World Day for Safety and Health at Work -  Workers Memorial Day is to remember those who have been injured/killed on the job and to renew efforts for safe workplaces.

Food:  National Blueberry Pie Day (pie....yuk.,..I don't like pie...except for Eskimo Pies)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

cjones1

Heading out to attempt 11 with 8 at HMP in about an hour D: Set my alarm for 4:55 this morning to try to get it out of the way early but I haven't had a good solid 8 hours of sleep in days, I'm congested from allergies, and my boss is still away today, so I opted to sleep a couple more hours and push the run back. I'll miss the luxury of being able to do that when I get a real job! Will be taking watered-down Gatorade in my handheld bottle to see if I can tolerate it on race day - I don't think I want to take a gel with me if I can help it.

Can one have taper madness with a week of training left before the taper starts? I don't think I'm going to deal with it very well!!

Tough workout!  I maxed at 7 continuous miles at HMP in training.  I did one 3x3, but mentally it was much easier knowing there was a break coming.  Is your taper one week?  I ended up doing 2 weeks, more than I originally wanted due to some really crappy weather.  It felt like too much time off.

SRD for me.  Hopefully back at it tomorrow.  I'm walking somewhat normally today, so that's a good sign.

Also, I think the rain screwed up my Garmin.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Heading out to attempt 11 with 8 at HMP in about an hour D:

Wow, you and CJ1 are methodical!

onemile

Heading out to attempt 11 with 8 at HMP in about an hour D: 

Hard workout. Are you following a plan?

onemile

'Morning.

I am tired as hell this morning.  I felt better yesterday than I do today, and I actually slept well last night.  SRD, thank God.

I can't believe you ran yesterday. Did your coach want you to do that or did you want to?

delicate flower

I can't believe you ran yesterday. Did your coach want you to do that or did you want to?

Coach told me to.  It was a very easy jog and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

<3

From the Internet.

cjones - I'm planning on a 10 day taper. Last long run this weekend, one more 7-8 mile HMP tempo early next week as my last hard workout.

onemile - nope, just following coach's orders! With my injury-prone past and ambitious goal, we didn't make a set-in-stone plan for my race but we mapped out a rough strategy back in January and I've been getting weekly input from him as to what workouts I should be doing based on how I ran/how I felt during the past week.

These long HMP runs frankly turrify me, but I've been getting through them and I always feel strongest in the last few miles, so it'll hopefully make goal pace on race day seem like a cakewalk.

It is chilly out there. Supposed to be 50 by the time I'm done but the wind is coooold today. Changing my shirt and then off I go! D:

LRB

Coach told me to.  It was a very easy jog and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

You are not the only one that does that but I probably never will. Not knocking it at all it I am just not sure I could run 20 feet from a swarm of angry hornets the day after a marathon. lol

LRB

Just read about it. A show that broke ground at the time, filled with misfits. It represents us well.

It's hard to believe it's been 25 years since its debut. Where the hell did the time go. lol