Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - All day long (Read 32 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Got out of work early because the damn place flooded, like it always does when it storms.  Except that when your office is in the basement, in the back, BEHIND where it flooded, and you have to wade through half an inch of backed up sewer water that has literal turds floating in it... 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I forgot to post this am and I'm signed out of RA on my phone so here I am now . Ran an easy  7M 8:23/mi in this swamp of a morning. There is a guy who walks this dog in my neighborhood that I see most mornings. He was looking down at this thing in the road when I saw him today and I stopped to check it out. It was a gnawed off head of a big possum. I think these foxes are getting hungry around here. I better watch  out.

SIAR- Feel better buddy!

PR Any improvement of an injury is a good thing.

LM- Back to doing hill sprints? I thought they were bugging your ATs? I'm so tempted to start doing then again

Boon- Sorry it got canceled. Better to be safe with the lightning. Its storming like crazy here right now.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

onemile

Got out of work early because the damn place flooded, like it always does when it storms.  Except that when your office is in the basement, in the back, BEHIND where it flooded, and you have to wade through half an inch of backed up sewer water that has literal turds floating in it... 

that is really shitty! 

that is really shitty! 

You are terrible.  Don't stop. Wink  But seriously, sorry Blue.  That may be one of the worst things I've ever heard of.

Jay, yeah, I read a bunch of articles and other stuff, and looked back at training logs, and yadda yadda fast forward, decided to give them another shot.  So far, so good.  I think part of my issue was not doing them right, and also ramping up the number/time WAY too damn fast.  I'm keeping it uber conservative, 2-3 for a few weeks, only 1x a week.  I have them in my HMP, and they only go up to 8 max.  No more of this 10 or 12 repeat business again.  I'll keep you posted.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, I think I'd be out the door as soon as rain starts. Yuck.

Jay & LM (or anyone else), what benefit do you notice from the hill sprints? I did them the first time I followed a Hudson plan and didn't notice any difference.

bluerun

Super B****

that is really shitty! 

It is!  I even have video of it, I'm sure you want to see...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bluerun, I think I'd be out the door as soon as rain starts. Yuck.

Jay & LM (or anyone else), what benefit do you notice from the hill sprints? I did them the first time I followed a Hudson plan and didn't notice any difference.

The main difference is the HM plan I used that included them was my PR, and since I quit them, I've never gotten back to that level of fast.  They definitely do something, and since I don't do any weight training, they're the closest I'm going to get to a strength session.

If anyone is into getting new shorts, Rabbit is having a buy one get one free sale, code is BOGOSHORTS.  I loooooove their catch me if you can model (or the longer version, the hopper).  They have a crapton of pockets and the fabric is the softest non chafing stuff ever.  Lightweight, dry super fast.  Protip though, their sizing runs really small.  I wear xxs in Athleta, xs in Under Armor and Nike, and a regular small just barely fits me in Rabbit.  I ordered mediums this time so I can eat a sandwich once in a while.

KCRuns

If anyone is into getting new shorts, Rabbit is having a buy one get one free sale, code is BOGOSHORTS.  I loooooove their catch me if you can model (or the longer version, the hopper).  They have a crapton of pockets and the fabric is the softest non chafing stuff ever.  Lightweight, dry super fast.  Protip though, their sizing runs really small.  I wear xxs in Athleta, xs in Under Armor and Nike, and a regular small just barely fits me in Rabbit.  I ordered mediums this time so I can eat a sandwich once in a while.

I haven't heard of this brand, but they look nice.  I just ordered the Run Away shorts, a little longer with the 6 inch inseam as my legs are too chubby for those shorter shorts.  It says they fit the same as the Hopper.

I have spent way too much on summer running clothes this year.  I also just tried out the Ink n Burn skirts and loved it so much I ordered another one.  This is it though, I have to stop shopping now. 

I haven't heard of this brand, but they look nice.  I just ordered the Run Away shorts, a little longer with the 6 inch inseam as my legs are too chubby for those shorter shorts.  It says they fit the same as the Hopper.

I have spent way too much on summer running clothes this year.  I also just tried out the Ink n Burn skirts and loved it so much I ordered another one.  This is it though, I have to stop shopping now. 

Girl, #thestruggleisreal.  I need to get rid of some old stuff that's in sad condition, and the only pair of running shorts I've bought this year so far were from Target last week.

You will like these I think.  I wore them for the marathon and most of my long training runs, and they do not chafe, and have all these waistband pockets that are useful AF.

I caught up on posts, RunShorti, nice job killing the 5K!!!!!  Congratulations woman!  Jay, sorry you were sick for your 10K, but there will be another one, and you got to pass someone at the end, so it sounds like fun was had Wink  Docket, I'm stalking your facebook now for RR stuff.

Baboon

delicate flower

My bike workout tonight was brutal. 60 minutes of suffering, but I managed to nail the workout. Coach is going to make me strong if it he doesn't kill me first.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lawyer, stalker ahead. Smile

Busy day at work, sigh.  Got home late from pilates to a house full of vomit and whiny cats, so I ended up not running.  One of them threw up on my Oofos; of course, intentional.  Sorry, babies, Mommy is back.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

OH MY WORD. (Yes, this deserves all caps.) their shorts ARE MY FAVORITE! I have the tight ones, 4" version, and I want to wear them on every run. So I bought another pair during their 4th of July sale. And now I religiously stalk their website waiting for another sale or a different pattern that I absolutely cannot live without. My problem now is my sports bra...I think I have to start replacing them (ladies, how frequently do you replace yours? I've been wearing some of mine for 4 years now). And shirts, I've been wearing Lulu's Run Swiftly as they're really light weight, but I sometimes chafe in even them. 

RunningOnSand

I got so excited about the Ink n Burn shorts that I forgot to post my workout.

I decided to brave the elements (mostly b/c the humidity was down) and do my workout outside today (I usually do my speedwork & tempos on the TM b/c I have a fear of not sticking with the prescribed paces #lazygirlprobs). So anyway I ran an out & back, but the "out" portion of it was ever so slightly downhill. Which obviously meant the "back" portion was ever so slightly uphill. Goal was 3x1.5mi @ 8:00 pace. I ran the first one too fast, and I bonked the last two. Grr. Also my GPS was just a bit off...which obviously eats up valuable seconds. It's in a tree-covered area and my GPS is always funky there. I should just learn to either run by feel, or not do workouts there. In any case, 8.5mi done.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles.  Must avoid looking up clothes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got so excited about the Ink n Burn shorts that I forgot to post my workout.

I decided to brave the elements (mostly b/c the humidity was down) and do my workout outside today (I usually do my speedwork & tempos on the TM b/c I have a fear of not sticking with the prescribed paces #lazygirlprobs). So anyway I ran an out & back, but the "out" portion of it was ever so slightly downhill. Which obviously meant the "back" portion was ever so slightly uphill. Goal was 3x1.5mi @ 8:00 pace. I ran the first one too fast, and I bonked the last two. Grr. Also my GPS was just a bit off...which obviously eats up valuable seconds. It's in a tree-covered area and my GPS is always funky there. I should just learn to either run by feel, or not do workouts there. In any case, 8.5mi done.

Perfectly understandable. Smile

PS, their Halloween stuff just came out (one of them at least). Wink

Damaris