Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

It's finally here, folks! You can tell your friends and families about it!

Cyberic

I will run commute. The wind is going to pick up and hopefully I can get back home before it gets full force because that will mean a head wind with gusts of about 40 MPH 

LRB

The weather is weird. It's 36 now but will get up to 50 by 9:00 pm tonight. By run time tomorrow at 6:00 am however, the temps will have plummeted to 21. 

After all of that, I woke up to a wind advisory! 

I briefly considered running anyway (it's 21 and 6) but then decided to actually read the advisory. Which stated in part:

"DOWNED TREE LIMBS AND POWER LINES ARE POSSIBLE AND MAY LEAD TO ISOLATED POWER OUTAGES. * HAZARDOUS DRIVING FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. * UNSECURED LIGHT OUTDOOR OBJECTS WILL BE BLOWN AROUND.... A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 30 MPH OR GUSTS OF 45 MPH OR MORE ARE EXPECTED."

Yep. Nope. To the belt I go.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, and it's my short Friday (we are finally able to do our compressed schedules.  TM is supposed to be delivered today, so cross your fingers!  I really hope this weekend is restful for me, since I spent the last one with a migraine and on the sofa.  Anyway, 6 or 8 miles after Pilates tonight, depending on time.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was hoping schools would be closed today, really expected the roads to be iced over and everything...... nope.

It was 19 degrees, 10 mph winds with a windchill of like 8.

Jetta and I ran 7.4 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I think we got the worst of the wind last night (gusts to nearly 50mph), today is only 20-23mph with gusts to 31.  But the high temp today is only 11.

delicate flower

'Morning!  heh heh

I ran 7 easy miles in 36 degrees and RAIN before work.  Yay running.

HEY DAVEP - My nuclear vest batteries now need replacing.

After all of that, I woke up to a wind advisory! 

That's headed our way tomorrow, which means it'll be here for my 10K.  I suppose my race will be about the effort and not the clock.

<3

LRB

LRB

I will run commute. The wind is going to pick up and hopefully I can get back home before it gets full force because that will mean a head wind with gusts of about 40 MPH 

I walked through some of the gusts and it was crazy. Fingers crossed you don't have to deal with any of that nonsense.

LRB

I think we got the worst of the wind last night (gusts to nearly 50mph), today is only 20-23mph with gusts to 31.  But the high temp today is only 11.

So your wind chill will be south of zero most likely. Blerg.

onemile

So your wind chill will be south of zero most likely. Blerg.

-17 right now

LRB

'Morning!  heh heh

I ran 7 easy miles in 36 degrees and RAIN before work.  Yay running.

HEY DAVEP - My nuclear vest batteries now need replacing.

That's headed our way tomorrow, which means it'll be here for my 10K.  I suppose my race will be about the effort and not the clock.

With the way you've been running, if you get the wind at your back you might go sub-36:00!

LRB

-17 right now

#backtothat 👎

Hit the track today, hoping it would be clear of snow & ice. Fortunately it was, more or less. Ran 10 miles with 8x800m cruise intervals, 200m recoveries. My goal was to keep them at 6:45 or under, and I did.

MTA: Snowpocalypse round 2 is hitting today. Supposed to start coming down mid-day, so may end up going home early before things get too bad. Any excuse I can get.

Dave

I think what you guys are getting now is "second winter".

Dave