Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies are kickass! (Read 34 times)

onemile

I ran 8 this morning. Didn't run yesterday. My achilles still hurt rather a lot.

LRB

I ran 8 this morning. Didn't run yesterday. My achilles still hurt rather a lot.

Too much downward facing dog? I actually stopped trying to get my heels to the floor while doing it because it made my right achilles sore after the first time I did it.

onemile

Too much downward facing dog? I actually stopped trying to get my heels to the floor while doing it because it made my right achilles sore after the first time I did it.

Ugh. Maybe. I thought stretching it was supposed to help so I've been doing that post run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh. Maybe. I thought stretching it was supposed to help so I've been doing that post run.

Might be what's aggravating it.

Damaris

LRB

I usually just let running serve as the cure when dealing with those things but that's not something that's proven. At this point though it might be worth a try for you.  

bluerun

Super B****

I usually just let running serve as the cure when dealing with those things but that's not something that's proven. At this point though it might be worth a try for you.  

If only running were the cure for everything.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

It certainly helps with some things, not so much with others.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Cyberic

Pretty much everytime I use stretching trying to cure something, I aggravate it. I think I might stretch too hard. But then, what's the point of stretching if I barely stretch when I do 

Cyberic

When I injured my Achilles pretty bad a few years ago from running bare foot ,I had just read Born to Run  , I cured myself by doing some sort of protocol I found where I would stretch and strenghten. Can't remember the name, though. It worked. Took a long time, but I finally healed with minimal running down time (maybe I would have healed without the protocol) .

LRB

When I injured my Achilles pretty bad a few years ago from running bare foot ,I had just read Born to Run  , I cured myself by doing some sort of protocol I found where I would stretch and strenghten. Can't remember the name, though. It worked. Took a long time, but I finally healed with minimal running down time (maybe I would have healed without the protocol).

For the few times I've had problems with the stupid thing (it always seems to be on the right side), I could either run easy and sparingly with no speed work or stretching, or I didn't run at all or stretch. Anytime I introduced stretching into the mix, it got worse.

And actually, when I had achilles tendonitis, it felt better after running. Go figure.

workinprogress11

Planned 6. Finished 5. There was so much sweat in my eyes they were burning and there was no part of my clothing or body that wasn't encased in salty sweat to wipe them with.

Baboon

delicate flower

I swam.  3200 slow yards in a choppy lake.  That's 1.8 miles if you are scoring at home.  Poor DW had a 15 mile run in some hot and humid bullshit.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I swam.  3200 slow yards in a choppy lake.  That's 1.8 miles if you are scoring at home.  Poor DW had a 15 mile run in some hot and humid bullshit.

I can't decide which one of those I'd find more enjoyable.  (And no, I am actually not being sarcastic for once in my life!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I can't decide which one of those I'd find more enjoyable.  (And no, I am actually not being sarcastic for once in my life!)

That's a no brainer; running, of course.