Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Mother's Day Weekend !!! (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cold, wet and windy = URD.  We'll try again tomorrow for 5-6 miles.  Girls and I are taking DW out tonight.

Have a great weekend !!

Zelanie

Morning, Jerry!  Today I am going up to help out with this year's Costa Rica overnight orientation.  So a very low mileage week for me, but should be a good time.  Cirque du Soleil was fun too. Smile

From the Internet.

I did 10.1 easy early this morning - 9:27 pace. SO much energy! First long-ish run in quite a while with no quality component, which was sort of weird but really nice at the same time. One week left!

My mom brought me a mother's day gift today - she replenished my stockpile of Bath and Body Works hand soaps, which is a weird thing to get excited about but I was thrilled, haha Smile She knows me better than anyone on the planet.

Morning!

Sounds like great a great run Lauren. You have been in fire lately.

Zel- bet the show was great.

Jerry - sounds like a great nap day.

Just got back from a lovely breakfast with kids for an early Mother's Day. Headed out for a quilting class. Will maybe try for a slow and easy walk later.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

GinnyinPA

Jerry - can you send some of the cold this way?  It feels like July around here.

Z - I love Cirque du Soleil.  Haven't been in years, but we used to go when we lived near DC and it came to the area.  Have fun with the orientation tonight.

Lauren - let your legs rest.  As tempting as it is to push right now, let them store energy.  You'll be glad you did.

Another low mileage run later.  How far will depend on how I do with the heat.  I need to start carrying water on my shorter runs since I overheat so easily..

PADRunner

Today after 4 1/2 years of trying, I ran my first Sub-30 5k in 29:41. How NOT to book coming soon.

Thanks for pacing me again Sly!

Z - I've been to a couple of traveling Cirque shows (don't remember which) and O in Vegas. They're great!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran my 10 with 6 at MP on the TM last night.  Miles with hubby tonight, depending on the weather (if he needs to run on the TM there might not be enough time for me).

Damaris

PADRunner

Morning!  Ran my 10 with 6 at MP on the TM last night.  Miles with hubby tonight, depending on the weather (if he needs to run on the TM there might not be enough time  room for me).

Need 2 treadmills.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all. Did 6.2 miles with dh this morning. Getting a pedicure now and then heading off to bachelorette party madness with my college buddies. I'm trying not to scare them with my nasty runners feet Tongue

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

I'm trying not to intimidate them with my badass runners feet Tongue

From the Internet.

Lauren - let your legs rest.  As tempting as it is to push right now, let them store energy.  You'll be glad you did.

That is the plan! I mapped out my next week so I'll have a schedule to stick to and won't be tempted to overdo it. My mantra is going to be "too rested is better than too tired".

Going to run a 1-2 mile tempo at race pace early in the week just so I have the effort needed fresh in my mind, otherwise just short, easy 2-4 milers and a couple strategically placed rest days between now and the 17th.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Today after 4 1/2 years of trying, I ran my first Sub-30 5k in 29:41. How NOT to book coming soon.

Thanks for pacing me again Sly!

Z - I've been to a couple of traveling Cirque shows (don't remember which) and O in Vegas. They're great!

No problem. You made it easy

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Zel, does this mean you're going back to Costa Rica for the summer?!

Damaris, I wore the black lace InkNBurn tee this morning on my club run.  I got so many compliments it was unbelievable.  And when I got home (all sweaty and gross), my hubby and daughter stared at me and then said "well you look nice!" Wow, what an ego boost. Big grin

Lauren, nice of your mom to bring YOU a mother's day gift. Smile  It sounds like you have a smart plan for the week.

Kathleen, I hope you had a great class.  If I can ever dig my quilts out from our move and remodel, I'll get back to you on the quilting. 

Jerry, hope you have a nice night out with DW and family.

PAD - hurray!  Congrats on the sub 30!

Ginny, I hope you had a nice not-too-hot run.

Jill, sounds like a fun night!

11.3 easy miles done at the beach with my club this morning.   The weather was perfect (overcast and cool) and we saw WHALES!  I never thought I'd love California but I really do.

hog4life

Pad, congrats! I know you've been aiming for sub 30 for a while.

Lauren, I cannot wait to see/hear how you do next week. Which plan did you use? Care to send it to me? I need to start my half plan in the middle of June, and although I really like the Ryan Hall 10 week plan, I'm itching for something different.

Ginny, I'm with you on the colder weather!

I did 12 this morning. I felt like my pace was slower, so I was surprised to see 9:18. Then I helped with a local 5k doing some timing. It was funny to hear that the lead pace car, which was a police car, missed a turn, and the course ended up being 2.7 miles. It wasn't advertised as a certified course, so nothing to get upset over I guess.