Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Sit (Read 39 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Excellent. Then you will win. 👍

I am looking forward to racing it to the best of my ability, but I also won't feel any pressure or stress because Boston is locked up.  My goal is 3:25 just so I can say I BQ'd again.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

In June in Alaska you have the opposite issue: it doesn't ever get fully dark around the solstice. The sun goes down around 11:30 to midnight, but there is still twilight. The sun then comes up around 3 or 4 in the morning. When camping there, we would get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and have no idea whether it was 2 am or 6 am.  We also went on short hikes at 10 pm. It is fun, but can be weird if you're not used to it.

I typically sleep well into the daylight hours on the weekend, so the adjustment shouldn't be too hard.  

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

ROS, sometimes the hotel is easier than a local race. I've done the Atlantic City half twice and the hotels I stayed in were literally feet from the start/finish area. Plus both had breakfast options, so it was super easy.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

ETA (Or as you all would say, MTA Big grin ): ... Bert: I think a PR is a definite probability possibility, but Milwaukee Lakefront will probably yield a bigger PR. I've never run a marathon that I've had to travel to, so I'm just unsure how big a deal it is to deal with food, hotels, etc.

I still don't know what MTA stands for (haha).  I see that TCM has a corral setup and start, which says to me there's a bit of time to make your way to the starting area, into the corral, and then waiting around while freaking out over port-o-potty lines (burning calories).

In the smaller marathon I ran (Mohawk Hudson River), I parked a couple hundred yards from the start, and sat next to the starting line on the grass waiting for my target pacer to show up.  Big difference pre-race (Edit - what HC said).

Of course, you know TCM well, which also is a big factor.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Modified To Add, Edited To Add

MTA, ETA: I'm becoming the chat room expert 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Modified To Add, Edited To Add

MTA, ETA: I'm becoming the chat room expert 

I'm starting to feel old. 

3/17 - NYC Half

RunningOnSand

I'm starting to feel old. 

I have to google a lot of the acronyms!

Okay I think Milwaukee Lakefront it is! Thanks, guys!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I have to google a lot of the acronyms!

Okay I think Milwaukee Lakefront it is! Thanks, guys!

Sometimes it's like an Easter Egg Hunt. 

Milwaukee is a long way off (Oct).  Are you also training for a spring race before the next training cycle?

3/17 - NYC Half

RunningOnSand

Sometimes it's like an Easter Egg Hunt. 

Milwaukee is a long way off (Oct).  Are you also training for a spring race before the next training cycle?

Just a bunch of halves. One in a couple weeks, one in April, one in July, and then probably ramping up for the FM.

ROS, now I'm excited that you picked a marathon and I get to (virtually) watch you train!  You've been coming back strong, seems like the time is right to do this 

Thanks Cy for the lesson.  I thought MTA was used the same as ETA, so I got the point, but I thought it stood for "Meant to add."  Like, "Oh, I forgot to say this thing, so I'm editing to add it because I meant to."  Yeah.  Now that I look at "modified," I feel like a moron.  That makes much more sense...

Onemile, the watch is so pretty.  I'm going to have to get a new watch face widget for mine, because I've got some hardcore watch envy going on!

LRB, can we drink at work?  Does that make us total lushes?  Because I've had a shitty, shitty, shitty morning, and I have an emergency bottle of red up in here, and I'm not sure I can wait until I get home tonight.  It's after noon, so maybe?  And don't worry, I also have an opener in the desk.  #alwaysprepared

It's SRD so I ran 6.  I'm sick of these long ass morning runs, so I decided phuck it, I'm going 7 days a week.  I think this is actually easier, I don't sleep in anyway, may as well do something.

Runshortii

Great question--no, I think that was the Milwaukee Marathon (not the Milwaukee Lakefront--which, IMO, is confusing!).

ETA (Or as you all would say, MTA Big grin ): ... Bert: I think a PR is a definite probability possibility, but Milwaukee Lakefront will probably yield a bigger PR. I've never run a marathon that I've had to travel to, so I'm just unsure how big a deal it is to deal with food, hotels, etc.

Yeah, the Milwaukee Marathon is the one that always screws up the course. Milwaukee Lakefront is very well run.

i liked Lakefront a lot, and it’s a net downhill. There are some gentle rolling hills though, but if you live in the Twin Cities you probably run on plenty of hills. I’ve always wanted to run Twin Cities though. I think as far as coming from out of town, Lakefront being a smaller race is a good thing. Not as much hoopla when you’re already somewhere unfamiliar

Cyberic

LM, don't take my word for it. I was joking about my being a chat room expert. The definitions I gave are the ones I think, but "Meant To Add" works just as good IMO.

LRB

LRB, can we drink at work?  Does that make us total lushes?  Because I've had a shitty, shitty, shitty morning, and I have an emergency bottle of red up in here, and I'm not sure I can wait until I get home tonight.  It's after noon, so maybe?  And don't worry, I also have an opener in the desk.  #alwaysprepared

Bonus points for the use of up in here.

Running 7 days is actually not bad at all. I've argued over the years that it is better than taking a rest day, even though I take a rest day most weeks.

LRB

LM, don't take my word for it. I was joking about my being a chat room expert. The definitions I gave are the ones I think, but "Meant To Add" works just as good IMO.

I thought you covered it pretty well, LM just dotted the I for ya. #collabo

LRB

I left work a half hour early and dove headfirst into a wine glass when I walked up into this bitch. Today was hectic which I was fine with, I just wanted to be home and off my feet and done with it, which I am now finally so all is well in my world.