Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Sit (Read 39 times)

Bonus points for the use of up in here.

Running 7 days is actually not bad at all. I've argued over the years that it is better than taking a rest day, even though I take a rest day most weeks.

For realz.  "Y'all gon' make me lose my mind" is all I have running through my brain.  What I need to hear is It Was A Good Day.  Actually, what I need to have is a good day, but that song generally makes the day better for me.

And so much yes on the 7 days.  I was mapping out my miles for the rest of the week, and for the first time in what seems like forever, the numbers did not make me want to cry.

Runshortii

I ran 7 with 12x30 sec hill repeats

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening!  A day of classes is done, my Grumpy Bugsy has not eaten since I left (I don't think my husband is trying, really), and I just ran 7 with 2 @ 10K on the TM here.  Or thereabouts, since this TM is not well calibrated.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Ran this morning in my new Ghost 10s. Realized I stepped in dog poo 

Death to all dog owners that don't pick it up   My town is a freaking giant dog litter box.

Baboon

delicate flower

45 minute track workout done.  4 x 5:00 with 3:00 recoveries.  6:36 avg pace on the intervals.  After a frustrating January, I think I am pretty close to being back at full speed. 6.4 miles total for the run.

<3

RunningOnSand

Yeah, the Milwaukee Marathon is the one that always screws up the course. Milwaukee Lakefront is very well run.

i liked Lakefront a lot, and it’s a net downhill. There are some gentle rolling hills though, but if you live in the Twin Cities you probably run on plenty of hills. I’ve always wanted to run Twin Cities though. I think as far as coming from out of town, Lakefront being a smaller race is a good thing. Not as much hoopla when you’re already somewhere unfamiliar

If you get the chance, do it. It is really stunning, and there are fans lining almost the entire course, very enthusiastically cheering you on. Of course I don't know any better (it's the only marathon I've ever run) but it really is a wonderfully run race. 

Good point with the less hoopla. I hadn't even considered that. I'm signing up. 

SDWhiskers, for the longest time I thought the SD referred to South Dakota, not San Diego (San Diego???), and I couldn't figure out why you were always talking about your runs being so hot.  Also, it drives me nuts when people don't pick up after their dogs. And I simultaneously feel horribly guilty for adding to our landfill with all the millions and millions plastic bags of doggy poo I contribute.

E/MTA: LM, thanks! I am feeling like this has been a great comeback ... hoping that the rest of training goes well. When is your FM?

Cyberic

So the coach I reached out to has accepted my proposition, and thinks it is a fair deal. Good. I just sent him a one hour long email answering 1000 questions.

I don't have huge expectations out of this, but $200 for like 9 months is not going to bankrupt me. Hopefully he can give me pointers or guide me a bit towards a good marathon in october.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Foot is still unhappy, so stuck with lower body strength training & core.  I can't insert a picture because of copy rights, but here's a link to the pics from my trail race. You can see the dry wooden bridge in the first pictures, and then the very thin coating of snow in later pictures. It was probably the worst amount of snow. Just enough to be slippery and not enough to get any sort of traction. The rocky parts were really fun.

Italiana626

The Latecomer

ROS - This is very timely information for me. I've just recently started to entertain the idea of a full marathon. Once my long run got up to 16 miles, which I've done several times and exceeded, it sort of became clear that I can probably do a full (yikes!). Been looking for a flat one in the Fall in some cooler climate. It's VERY flat here, but too hot in the Fall. A friend just a few days ago suggested Twin Cities! Looks nice, but it's not my definition of flat.   I'll have to check out Milwaukee Lakefront!

Haven't posted for a few days. 4.03 Sunday to finish the week at 50.49 miles, 9.04 Monday, 8.1 today. Hoping to get out tomorrow after work before it starts raining.

onemile

Foot is still unhappy, so stuck with lower body strength training & core.  I can't insert a picture because of copy rights, but here's a link to the pics from my trail race. You can see the dry wooden bridge in the first pictures, and then the very thin coating of snow in later pictures. It was probably the worst amount of snow. Just enough to be slippery and not enough to get any sort of traction. The rocky parts were really fun.

any pics of the foot?

onemile

So the coach I reached out to has accepted my proposition, and thinks it is a fair deal. Good. I just sent him a one hour long email answering 1000 questions.

I don't have huge expectations out of this, but $200 for like 9 months is not going to bankrupt me. Hopefully he can give me pointers or guide me a bit towards a good marathon in october.

I am interested in hearing what advice he gives you

Half Crazy K 2.0

any pics of the foot?

Nothing exciting to see. I've got a bit of a bruise/red mark on the top.

Cyberic

I am interested in hearing what advice he gives you

Payback time? 

Sure. I'll share.

sdWhiskers

SDWhiskers, for the longest time I thought the SD referred to South Dakota, not San Diego (San Diego???), and I couldn't figure out why you were always talking about your runs being so hot.  Also, it drives me nuts when people don't pick up after their dogs. And I simultaneously feel horribly guilty for adding to our landfill with all the millions and millions plastic bags of doggy poo I contribute.

LOL. I used to say I'd never live in CA yet here I am. So never say never...but I'd die from the cold in South Dakota!

RunningOnSand

ROS - This is very timely information for me. I've just recently started to entertain the idea of a full marathon. Once my long run got up to 16 miles, which I've done several times and exceeded, it sort of became clear that I can probably do a full (yikes!). Been looking for a flat one in the Fall in some cooler climate. It's VERY flat here, but too hot in the Fall. A friend just a few days ago suggested Twin Cities! Looks nice, but it's not my definition of flat.   I'll have to check out Milwaukee Lakefront!

Haven't posted for a few days. 4.03 Sunday to finish the week at 50.49 miles, 9.04 Monday, 8.1 today. Hoping to get out tomorrow after work before it starts raining.

Awesome!! Milwaukee lakefront just opened for registration, and evidently has a tendency to sell out (in the spring, did I hear?), so if it interests you just keep an eye out for that. TCM has a few rolling hills, and one bigger (but not super long) hill at like mile 19 or 20, it’s very unwanted. And then the slow gradual hill up Summit from mile 20-23/24 is just enough to take the wind out of your sails. But the course is a stunner and it’s like a well oiled machine; very well run and easy to do (although the corrals at the beginning are enough to freeze your buns off at).