Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Sunny ThursdayLIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Finally, some sunshine!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. RD for me as I’ll spend most of the afternoon and early evening traveling back home.

Damaris

Cyberic

Run commute. Legs a bit tired, but did not really feel worse because of two workouts in a row. Maybe a bit, but nothing alarming.

LRB

7 on the belt.

It was my 15th treadmill run of the year, out of 25 runs. And looking at what's coming this weekend, there'll be a lot more of that nonsense.

onemile

7 on the belt.

It was my 15th treadmill run of the year, out of 25 runs. And looking at what's coming this weekend, there'll be a lot more of that nonsense.

What are you getting this weekend?  5-8 inches here starting tonight.

Cyberic

GDI, can't a guy have a bit of asphalt to run his LR on? Snow starts tomorrow evening here and will last until Sunday, mid-day. That is the forecast, anyways. Yesterday we got about 6-8 inches. Thus the dailies' title.

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

I don't know exactly, but there have been all kinds of emails about having to work this weekend in anticipation of it which usually only occurs when more than 6 inches is expected.

I don't want to come in even at time and a half but may be made to if there aren't enough volunteers.

onemile

I'm actually hoping for a ton so I can work from home tomorrow and it'll make for better skiing.  but I'm also not really running right now

RunningOnSand

We are just missing the snow.

I'm still f*cking sick. USRD here again.

zzyzx

lat pulldown, leg sled, triceps and...

drumroll please...

the first stair challenge in a month. I lost a tiny bit with the break but seeing how before I hit a low high 39, low 40 pace, sub 41 minutes was amazing, so I'm not going to complain about a 40:52. Now if only my first long run in a while on Saturday has that little of a difference due to the layoff, I'll be stoked.

zzyzx

That's been my problem this year; I haven't been fully healthy in months. I get better and then get something else. Feel better!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Feel better!

Damaris

RunningWithMyDog

Good morning, everyone.

Knee feels a little better, so I'm slowly climbing back on the horse.  Will do 6 km home today from work.

Just looking at my run from yesterday - running in the winter really sucks.  Loose snow combined with a nasty north wind last night had me running home at about 50 seconds more per km than I normally do on a run home.

The good news is I talked to my vet on Monday - she has no concerns with me ramping up mileage with my puppy - with several caveats: slow ramp up, watch the puppy for signs she is getting tired (ha! Haven't seen that yet in the 6 weeks we have had her), bring water - all the common sense stuff.

My eventual plan is to do puppy intervals.  My block is just slightly longer than a kilometer - so I can do a casual km, clip the leash to the porch, do a hard km, grab the puppy, do another casual km, clip the puppy and do a hard km, etc.

Obviously I will call it the Simcoe training program, and she will be the first person I thank when I win the Boston Marathon...

LRB

I'm actually hoping for a ton so I can work from home tomorrow and it'll make for better skiing.  but I'm also not really running right now

Has the downtime helped any?

For snow they're talking 5 - 8, 6 - 9 and 7 - 10 depending on the source. lol