Beginners and Beyond

TaDA TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 for me today.

Marjorie

Baboon

delicate flower

I always forget something to pack when I run from work.

You really do, it seems.

<3

Hip Redux

You really do, it seems.

I suck.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

4 miles at lunch, probably more after work. Pending thunderstorms. It's going to be like this all week. Ugggghhh.

Am I crazy for thinking about doing a 5k on July 20? Summer is hot here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can see you found your avi (or one like it)....

I forgot my towel for my post-run shower.   Grrrr.    Never fails - I always forget something to pack when I run from work.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It could be a good benchmark even if you have to adjust teh results for weather to compare.  Go for it.

Morning!

4 miles at lunch, probably more after work. Pending thunderstorms. It's going to be like this all week. Ugggghhh.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

No.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, I might be keeping my butt inside today. No running, but maybe some zumba or aerobic kickboxing tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

I have off my fulltime job this week, and I have a 10K next Thurs (4th of July) that I am dyyyying to get a sub-60 in, so I am moving my runs around to do my harder/longer stuff during the week instead of the weekend so I have more days between my long run and my race.

Today was the "aerobic run" which is basically a MLR. I did 5.25 miles at an easy pace. I got started at 8:30 (didn't want to wake up at the crack of dawn when I didn't have work) but I really should have started earlier because it was already 82 degrees, 60% humidity, "feels like" 87, sunny, and a heat advisory in effect. YIKES! Luckily, my hydration belt I had ordered just came in the mail on Friday, so this seemed like a good time to give it it's inaugural run. My pace was SLOW today....slower than my usual easy pace....would that be the heat and humidity?

My RR from the Giants race is up for those interested!

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

wtf lilac and jjs?! Get well.

Jess runs for bacon

Marjorie called it, just a pulled muscle. Phew!!!!! I was supposed to bike 10 today but I'm going to rest it out.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Depends on if you are going for a PR I guess. I have a 5K July 13th and a 10K July 14th, but they are just events I want to do, so my time doesn't matter (one is the MLB All-Star 5K as a part of the All Star weekend in NYC, and the 10K is on the path I always run on that is 5 blocks from my apartment. It's not a very big path and I need to run that morning anyway so if ya can't beat em join em!). I know average pace is 20-30 seconds slower for the same effort in heat and humidity (or so I have been told) so if you want to do the race for fun I would say go for it, but if it is super hot don't be too invested in a PR. I say this as I am running for an attempt at my first sub-60 10K, which would be a PR of over 5 minutes, on July 4th, lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Marjorie called it, just a pulled muscle. Phew!!!!! I was supposed to bike 10 today but I'm going to rest it out.

Oh good, I'm glad that's all it is. That was a nasty tumble you took. How are your elbow/hip feeling?

Kristin, I wouldn't plan on PR'ing. I'm a cold-weather runner - I hate running in the heat. I would just do it to do SOMETHING between now and my marathon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Get better!

Damaris

DavePNW

I forgot my towel for my post-run shower.   Grrrr.    Never fails - I always forget something to pack when I run from work.

Um, so are you going to tell us what you did about it?

April - nice new avi pic!

Dave