Beginners and Beyond

TaDA TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Oh good, I'm glad that's all it is. That was a nasty tumble you took. How are your elbow/hip feeling?

Kristin, I wouldn't plan on PR'ing. I'm a cold-weather runner - I hate running in the heat. I would just do it to do SOMETHING between now and my marathon.

My elbow looks gross. What 5k were you thinking about? I'm doing a mud run that day in Maryland, figured that wouldn't be too hot.

YAYpril - B-Plus

My elbow looks gross. What 5k were you thinking about? I'm doing a mud run that day in Maryland, figured that wouldn't be too hot.

This one: http://www.heyiknowyou.org/the-ben-event/

It seems like a great cause. I don't know why I'm so drawn to it, but I am.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks, Dave! Big grin

Hip Redux

I can see you found your avi (or one like it)....

Found my avi, lost my towel.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You win some, you lose some....

Found my avi, lost my towel.

I am so hungry, I read the title to be Tapas Tuesdailies.  Sheesh.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

This one: http://www.heyiknowyou.org/the-ben-event/

It seems like a great cause. I don't know why I'm so drawn to it, but I am.

Did you see they also have a breakfast after the race? For extra, but that is cool.

Ric-G

lilac and jjs - healing thoughts

april - go for the 5k (nice pic)

baboon - good luck with the doc

woke up this AM and decided not to run...just didn't feel it, soreness is letting up some, may get a few miles done in the PM at son's soccer practice. time for coffee as work is heating up and gotta go. have a good one all!

marathon pr - 3:16

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Marjorie called it, just a pulled muscle. Phew!!!!! I was supposed to bike 10 today but I'm going to rest it out.

That's good news. Should feel a lot better in a day or two!

I managed to put in 5 miles today. Felt pretty good. Not at an earth-shattering speed, mind you, but it was 5 miles nevertheless.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Hey dailies, glad there doesn't appear to be any actual broken ribs here!

Hoping for 5 again later.  If that goes well, then I am really on the mend.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

wtf lilac and jjs?! Get well.

+1. Seriously, enough with the rib injuries! I've never had a broken rib, but I can just imagine what they feel like.

4 Easy/Recovery miles this AM. My legs actually feel fantastic after last weekend's HM, but I think I have some general fatigue. Fatigue is a funny thing, and it hasn't been until running for 2.5 years that I've really experienced what it meant. My goal for this week is to keep my miles relatively low and get back to even keel.

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon all.  I had a track workout this morning of 6x400m (1 lap) with 200m (1/2 lap) recovery jogs.  My pacing was better than it has been in previous efforts, although I still wouldn't like to see the peak in the middle:  81, 82, 83, 81, 80, 79.  For the most part that's about 5:30 pace, and I'm pleased that it didn't feel too terrible.

I was also excited that I bumped into another runner at the track.  He's far more talented than I am, and he wasn't aware of our new running store or running groups.  I'm hoping since I let him know about it he'll start to show up.  I'm a huge believer that one of the best ways to get better at any sport is just to do with someone that's better than you.

Brr...There's such a difference between lazy fatigue and well-earned fatigue...the latter I thoroughly embrace.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

The second I got outside and felt the 90F and 67DP, I said fuck this shit and ended up running 3 (progression run, since my brain falls apart from boredom if I don't fiddle with buttons every couple of minutes) on the treadmill. I would have done 3.5 or 4 but I ran out of time. More tonight, pending any crazy ass storms like we got last night.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Back to work today and feeling much better.  For some reason I had the 'chills' last night, even though it was freakin' 96 degrees outside. I wrapped myself up in blankets, went to bed early - around 8 pm - and didn't wake up until 6 the next morning.  My sheets and blankets were DRENCHED in sweat - Gail was like 'Ewwwww!"  - but I felt a heck of a lot better. so maybe I sweated a lot of stuff out.  Even my congestion is a lot better.   Maybe I need to do the 'home-made sweat lodge" more often.  Joking   Managed today to eat some cheerios and keep them down, and some baby carrots.  Progress!  Today is normally a running day, but  I think I will take a couple more days of rest just to play it safe.

Now, I have to do all the followup appointments for all the stuff the ER guys found, gallstones, nodule on my lung, cyst in my left kidney...sigh...it's hell getting old... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Broken rib?  How did you break your rib, Lilac?  That sucks!  Wishing you speedy healing!

Sorry about your rib too, jjs22.  They can at least wrap it up.  I am just guessing but  broken/injured ribs can potentially 'splinter' can't they, which could be really Winkdangerous?  So the wrapping would help prevent this?  Anyway, heal well, and keep an eye on that rib....you can use your rib-eye.

Hope the weather behaves for your run, Step!  Running in areas with lightning...scary!

You too, Bruce, hope your weather behaves!

Hope the sports massage helps, DaveP!

Good luck with the strides, Damaris.  And find some shade to run in!  That's possible in Miami, right?  Roll eyes

Good luck with the advanced rehab, Phil!

Yay for no pain in the hip, LRB!

Have fun with the summer running series, Oski!   As for no towel, no problem, just lie down and roll over and over on the rug/carpet.  Works for me. Joking

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, April, if you are crazy, I must be absolutely insane, as many races as I do over the Texas summer.  Go for it!   Have fun with it.

Happy Zumba-ing, FreeSoul!

Dang,Kristin, I WISH it were only 82 degrees when I run around here.  Around here, it gets to that temp early in the morning for Texas summer.  Good luck with your training for the sub-60 10K!

Lilac, glad it turned out to be only a pulled muscle.  Even so, darn pulled muscles can be pretty painful.  Healing vibes going out to you!