Beginners and Beyond

TaDA TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Found my avi, lost my towel.

Lucky for you we can see you found your avi, but can't see you lost your towel... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lilac I somehow missed that you broke a rib and pulled a muscle! OUCH :'(

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This one: http://www.heyiknowyou.org/the-ben-event/

It seems like a great cause. I don't know why I'm so drawn to it, but I am.

I wonder if Jolly the Holly Clown is going to run also.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The second I got outside and felt the 90F and 67DP..  gee, that sounds like pretty nice weather to me. Joking  Hope the weather behaves for you later, April.

Some days are like that, Ric.  Take a rest day. Come back all energized.

Congrats on the 5, Tom.

Hope your run affirms you really are on the mend, Zelanie!

Andrew, it might be DOMS that you are experiencing.  Enjoy your low-mileage week.  Which will probably still give you higher weekly mileage than I put in each week, lol.

Congrats on your workout SIAR and on making a new runner contact.

Hip Redux

3.8 miles done at noon @ 10:50mm.    It didn't feel as hot as I expected, but my shoes started sticking to the road, so, you know, there's that.

Decided to drive home, run, shower and then come back to work.  Not my most efficient lunch hour ever, but tonight's thunderstorm forecast would have prevented a run so I did what I had to do.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie called it, just a pulled muscle. Phew!!!!! I was supposed to bike 10 today but I'm going to rest it out.

Rest well

Marjorie

Jess runs for bacon

Lilac I somehow missed that you broke a rib and pulled a muscle! OUCH :'(

No just pulled a muscle (a muscle in my ribs, made it feel broken). It's already feeling a lot better, I wish I had waited but when it made that pop sound and didn't get better through the night I freaked out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lilac, glad it's nothing major.  Heal soon!

Hmmm, all this time (including in my RR) I swore I had run the SF Marathon 5 minutes faster than LA.  Nope.  12 minutes faster!

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The second I got outside and felt the 90F and 67DP..  gee, that sounds like pretty nice weather to me. Joking  Hope the weather behaves for you later, April.

Some days are like that, Ric.  Take a rest day. Come back all energized.

Congrats on the 5, Tom.

Hope your run affirms you really are on the mend, Zelanie!

Andrew, it might be DOMS that you are experiencing.  Enjoy your low-mileage week.  Which will probably still give you higher weekly mileage than I put in each week, lol.

Congrats on your workout SIAR and on making a new runner contact.

Thanks friend. Hope you're feeling much better. I actually see other runner guy about once a year, for the last three years, on the track.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

4.1 more done so a hair over 7 for the day. It was miserable out there.

LRB

I forgot my towel for my post-run shower.   Grrrr.    Never fails - I always forget something to pack when I run from work.

On separate occasions while running at work before work over the years I have forgotten a towel, drauz, socks, and a shirt.  Of the four, the shirt was obviously the worse.  I ended up calling a coworker and catching him before he came in.  He brought me one of his.

The socks would be second.  On that day, it was either wear the socks I had just run in and taken off, or go barefoot.  I obviously chose B.

The towel while full of suck, was not a deal breaker.

Forgetting my drauz that one time led to me going commando that day and well, forgetting my drauz more often.  Cool

B-Plus

Phew, I would have gotten creamed just now if I didn't look before crossing the street. So instead of sacrificing myself, it was car on car. Off to run 10 miles.

Hip Redux

The towel while full of suck, was not a deal breaker.

Did you just run around the locker room really fast to dry off?   lol Not showering was not an option today!     And no comment on the undies situation.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3 miles only.  My asthma sure hates this weather.

Damaris

LRB

Did you just run around the locker room really fast to dry off?   lol Not showering was not an option today!     And no comment on the undies situation.  lol

Nope, of course I showered, then used paper towel to pat myself somewhat dry so I wasn't completely drenched.  Then, you just kind of air dry the rest of the way for the next 20 minutes or so.

My hair is such that I don't need a towel, but that might be a problem for others.