Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are going nowhere fast (Read 51 times)

onemile

Hmm, they are usually at a much slower pace though. So six in one hand, a half-dozen in the other? That might depend on one's perspective though.

True.

I actually dislike a straight tempo run more.

Cyberic

My 6 x 5 target pace is 6:40, which is probably a tad slower than my current 10K pace.  I get a one minute recovery between each one.  

Ok, with only 1 minute recovery, they would be pretty much slower than the 400s from this morning.

Your workout is in the Treshold category.

Baboon

delicate flower

Ok, with only 1 minute recovery, they would be pretty much slower than the 400s from this morning.

Your workout is in the Treshold category.

I was able to hold a 6:30 pace for two straight miles a couple of weeks ago, so I am optimistic about this one.

<3

LRB

True.

Yep, those things blow. lol

onemile

My 6 x 5 target pace is 6:40, which is probably a tad slower than my current 10K pace.  I get a one minute recovery between each one.  

That is nearly 30 seconds/mile slower than your 5k pace so that shouldn't be too bad.

Zelanie

Fly by check in. The 2016 game plus the holidays plus DD's college search are keeping me busy. The good news is that today will be day 25 of my running streak, and I'm also down 6.6 pounds since my HM last month, despite decreased mileage (also decreased runger helps). Just gotta keep on keeping on!

LRB

Fly by check in. The 2016 game plus the holidays plus DD's college search are keeping me busy. The good news is that today will be day 25 of my running streak, and I'm also down 6.6 pounds since my HM last month, despite decreased mileage (also decreased runger helps). Just gotta keep on keeping on!

Thanks for the update!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think we are having fun today:

Damaris

LRB

I think we are having fun today:

It looks like you are playing rock, paper, scissors with his nose.

DavePNW

True.

+1.

I look forward to short intervals, 1200m or less.

Dave

Cyberic

Hi Zel

From the Internet.

Well, now I'm panicking. Ankle feels 100% but I still can't do a single-leg squat on the right or hop more than once (not due to pain, due to being physically unable to force my full weight off the ground with that leg). Calf had been tight off and on for the last few weeks, hamstring had been tight, but I didn't feel like it was bad enough to take time off since I warmed out of the stiffness within a couple miles. Now I'm panicking that running through the calf tightness might have led to a fibula stress fracture. Outer calf is still tight and the fibula is so far below the muscle that I can't tell if there's a painful spot in there or not. It's not a weight-bearing bone so I don't know if lack of other symptoms is really reassuring or not  - when I had bad shin splints/stress reaction in my tibia and when my broken toe was healing, I'd have infrequent shooting pain in the bone at rest, and that's not happening with this.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies. Today was interval day on the TM; 5x800 @ 6:49 pace, 5.5 miles total. The house clean up starts tomorrow so today I am kicking back with DD2 watching "Parks and Rec."

Cyberic

Well, now I'm panicking. Ankle feels 100% but I still can't do a single-leg squat on the right or hop more than once (not due to pain, due to being physically unable to force my full weight off the ground with that leg). Calf had been tight off and on for the last few weeks, hamstring had been tight, but I didn't feel like it was bad enough to take time off since I warmed out of the stiffness within a couple miles. Now I'm panicking that running through the calf tightness might have led to a fibula stress fracture. Outer calf is still tight and the fibula is so far below the muscle that I can't tell if there's a painful spot in there or not. It's not a weight-bearing bone so I don't know if lack of other symptoms is really reassuring or not  - when I had bad shin splints/stress reaction in my tibia and when my broken toe was healing, I'd have infrequent shooting pain in the bone at rest, and that's not happening with this.

I don't understand much of the post (my anatomy knowledge is limited to what I can see), but it sounds pretty scary.

I can't do a single leg squat either, but that's because I'm a weakling like that, not because I'm hurt.

LRB

I would take the fact that you cannot jump off one leg and keep it in perspective. A lot of these so-called strength tests put full-time runners at a disadvantage because some of that crap we cannot do even when totally healthy!