Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies are kickass on the 12th. (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slow-jogged 3.3 miles.  That's all I had in me, physically and mentally.  I hope cooler weather makes everything better.  The thought of running 13.1 miles hard in 9 weeks is haha rofl, but not in a funny way.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh my God, this morning was another stagnant, humid but warmer run. While getting dressed, I was actually hoping that Dorian would wake up or stir so that I'd have an excuse to go back to bed.

It was 79 degrees, 90% humidity and a dew point of 75..... again no wind, it sucked major balls.

Jetta thought the same thing.

But we did see some cool things.

Bees

Lots of bees

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 8 with 4 X 800m tonight.

Damaris

LRB

81 F + 75 DP = MISERY to the 25th power!

Damn that was awful. I can't see how running in this shit will make you better when the weather cools. If anything, the task is to survive and recover so that you can resume training without a setback.

Cyberic

Easy 6

bluerun

Super B****

23 trainer miles.

My legs probably feel better than they would if I had raced last night, but my poor shoulders!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning!  3 mile run this morning at 8:36 pace.  I wish I could say I ran easy, but that pace was a good honest effort.  That was all I could do.

I'm supposed to swim a mile outside later, but I may just hit the pool.  Due to logistics, a pool swim will put me home by 5:30 and a lake swim will put me home around 7:30.  It'd be nice to be done sooner rather than later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

81 F + 75 DP = MISERY to the 25th power!

Damn that was awful. I can't see how running in this shit will make you better when the weather cools. If anything, the task is to survive and recover so that you can resume training without a setback.

I don't think it does.  And yes, that's how I used to feel for months.  I felt tired by the time the race came by.

Damaris

10 with 5 supposed to be at LT pace. Started out awful, finished great. There's an average in there somewhere.

Dave

LRB

10 with 5 supposed to be at LT pace. Started out awful, finished great. There's an average in there somewhere.

I'm not sure what's more impressive, the 5 miles consecutively at LT, or the start time!

onemile

Lookin' good Jetta. Your coat looks so nice and shiny. I am going to get a solid black gsd some day. I always like the dark colored dogs

LRB

I don't think it does.  And yes, that's how I used to feel for months.  I felt tired by the time the race came by.

Electrolytes and minerals will be in high demand for me this weekend. Water alone is not going to replace the shit I've lost this week.

From the Internet.

Today was one of those days when you adjust the pace of your run right from the start, and end up exceeding your shorts' ability to soak up sweat about halfway through. It was like I went swimming. No data available on torso moisture, I gave up shirts weeks ago.

12 miles at 9:05 average and it was only that fast because A. fear of skunks - started out in the dark on trash day and I definitely saw one on my street D: and 2. a magical cool breeze that hit me every few minutes in the last 4 miles. I don't know where you came from or where you went, wind, but you were a real pal!

LRB

Today was one of those days when you adjust the pace of your run right from the start, and end up exceeding your shorts' ability to soak up sweat about halfway through. It was like I went swimming. No data available on torso moisture, I gave up shirts weeks ago.

12 miles at 9:05 average and it was only that fast because A. fear of skunks - started out in the dark on trash day and I definitely saw one on my street D: and 2. a magical cool breeze that hit me every few minutes in the last 4 miles. I don't know where you came from or where you went, wind, but you were a real pal!

lol

Any quality on the schedule this weekend?

I'm not sure what's more impressive, the 5 miles consecutively at LT, or the start time!

Later on, Mr. Pfitz treats me to 12 miles with 7 (consecutive) at LT. That one's always fun.

MTA: probably last decent run for a while, since I leave for vacation tomorrow, and will be on a cruise ship. I will have the choice of treadmills or the 330m track around the deck. Oh joy.

Dave