Beginners and Beyond

Super Early FRIDAilies (Read 41 times)

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - congratulations.  That is a great PR.

onemile

Well... when I ran this course in 2013, I ran 1:51... and then a flat 1:44 a couple of months later.  By my calculations, this means I can now run a flat 1:33. 

I don't see any reason why not.

onemile

I went out for 6 but ended up with 7.5, oops! I'm not really sure what happened there, I just felt like running today. It's very odd too because I rarely if ever extend the distance of a planned run. The pace got away from me a bit but it was all in stride, not contrived (I didn't look until I loaded the run). It was one of those good runs, you know the kind we used to have before we completely lost our minds in speed work and training? Yes, that.

It's been a lonnng time since I wanted to run more than I *had* to

LRB

It's been a lonnng time since I wanted to run more than I *had* to

No, it doesn't happen often.

Ric-G

4 miles this morning

congrats blue - nice to get good news early in the AM for us.

SIAR - agree that a nicely designed medal is preferable to some fugly gigantor type.

marathon pr - 3:16

From the Internet.

Nice! Congrats bluerun!! Big grin

Hello friends! I'm alive, just crazy busy. Job searching and working full-time and working part-time and fighting off a cold and running anyway because I'm an idiot, haha.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh runners wiser than me, does this make sense? The weather this weekend is supposed to suck starting at some point tomorrow afternoon and lasting through Sunday night. I already shifted runs around this week to do a 5k tomorrow. Plan called for 5x 1k, I'm just gonna skip the recoveries. I am thinking of then running additional to get to 10 on the day, so something like 2 warm up, race, then 5. Then do a shorter run on the mill Sunday. My initial idea was to do the race and with warm up  and cool down, be in the 6-7 mile range and then 10 miles Sunday. I just can't bring myself to do the long run on the mill. Does this seem reasonable? Half is April 3 and back up race is April 24 although starting to get a little nervous about the weather for half 1.  44 mph gusts and rain aren't gonna help me. Plus, we've had more than one crummy Sunday, so not a good pattern.

Baboon

delicate flower

Well there goes my fuckin' bracket!  Thanks, Michigan State (LRB, this means you).

<3

Cyberic

Oh runners wiser than me, does this make sense? The weather this weekend is supposed to suck starting at some point tomorrow afternoon and lasting through Sunday night. I already shifted runs around this week to do a 5k tomorrow. Plan called for 5x 1k, I'm just gonna skip the recoveries. I am thinking of then running additional to get to 10 on the day, so something like 2 warm up, race, then 5. Then do a shorter run on the mill Sunday. My initial idea was to do the race and with warm up  and cool down, be in the 6-7 mile range and then 10 miles Sunday. I just can't bring myself to do the long run on the mill. Does this seem reasonable? Half is April 3 and back up race is April 24 although starting to get a little nervous about the weather for half 1.  44 mph gusts and rain aren't gonna help me. Plus, we've had more than one crummy Sunday, so not a good pattern.

Either way, I think it's reasonable. I personnally would prefer running less after the race and more the next day, but that's just a matter of preference. And given the fact that Sunday's run will be on the TM, I think your plan makes plenty of sense.

Cyberic

I went out for 6 but ended up with 6! It was one of those ordinary runs, you know the kind we always have since we completely lost our minds in speed work and training? Yes, that.

MTA: This was supposed to be a RD, but because of the cable guy last evening, I had to make up for the run today. 

LRB

Well there goes my fuckin' bracket!  Thanks, Michigan State (LRB, this means you).

I'm actually a Wolverine and had to look that up, ouch! I'm sure half the brackets in the country took a shit after that!

LRB

My initial idea was to do the race and with warm up  and cool down, be in the 6-7 mile range and then 10 miles Sunday. 

I would actually do this and run the 10 and the belt (if weather proves it prudent). I don't run long often on it but the thought of running 5 miles after a 5k doesn't appeal to me at all.

The belt, while drudgery, is actually not so bad if you program your mind in the proper manner going into it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I would actually do this and run the 10 and the belt (if weather proves it prudent). I don't run long often on it but the thought of running 5 miles after a 5k doesn't appeal to me at all.

The belt, while drudgery, is actually not so bad if you program your mind in the proper manner going into it.

I've been having trouble getting comfortable in the belt. My calves get tight, so close to 2 hours just sounds horrible.

LRB

I've been having trouble getting comfortable in the belt. My calves get tight, so close to 2 hours just sounds horrible.

Oh. 5 miles after the race it is then. lol

onemile

I have run 3 miles post-5k race and it was torture. I'd just skip the LR altogether this week but that's my attitude lately.