Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 45 times)

LRB

Cool.  Congrats!  Let us know how you like the Swamp Rabbit and the trails at Paris Mountain.

4.5m easy this morning.  First run now that we're back home.  Much nicer weather than when we left. Smile

I would run Swamp Rabbit just for the name alone.

happylily

Forgot to say, my hair is gorgeous, David Cassidy said so. 

D, is he as weird looking as his pictures on the internet seem to indicate? The youthful look replaced by scary plastic surgery experiments?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

It's a great path/trail.  Last time I ran through there I ran through the middle of some festival, with a rubber duck race on the river, it was neat.

It's funny, where I live now I have the Dismal Swamp Trail, now I'll have the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Smile  Also, both locations have an Oak Grove Lake Park, and they look very similar.  LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sorry to derail:  Does anybody have any thoughts or advice on what I might be able to expect for a HM time this Saturday?  I see myself landing somewhere in the 1:30-1:40 range and I'd like to narrow that window a bit.  I feel like I'm in better shape than my PR race (1:34:29) but that was an easier course.   Here is the elevation profile from my race last year.  It's not that bad...miles 6-9 are hilly and trend up, but nothing steep like a few weeks ago, plus I've been running a lot of hills this winter.  My coach tells me to run everything by feel, but dammit I need a number!  My week this week will be very similar to my week leading into my PR.

1:33 - 1:36?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cry me a river. lol

It's good you have that option, as does those to the north of you.

Yeah; those poor runners way to the South of her have to run on water....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

7 easy done, ended up not doing the strides after all - roads are no longer icy, but gravel and potholes everywhere are not fun to try to go fast on. My DS Racers will be here tomorrow anyway, so I'll take them for a short spin on the stupid treadmill with a few pickups to make up for lack of strides today.

LRB

My DS Racers will be here tomorrow anyway, so I'll take them for a short spin on the stupid treadmill with a few pickups to make up for lack of strides today.

I love that shoe, but now have it, the Hyper Speed and the Fastwich (which arrived today) to choose from for racing.

Little Blue

Forgot to say, my hair is gorgeous, David Cassidy said so. 

And thousands of former 1970s teenie boppers let out a collective sigh of despair...

cjones1

Based on the stretch I ran the other day, the name is not very descriptive.  I saw neither swamp nor rabbit.  Apparently it's named after an old railway.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

I ran easy, with some strides, and yet I feel tired. I need a rest day.

Either I take a rest day tomorrow, or I do my two consecutive workouts of the week tomorrow and wednesday and take thursday off.

The latter was the initial plan so I would be more rested for a friendly 5K on saturday. But if I don't feel up to the workout tomorrow, I'll take the RD.

LRB

I ran easy, with some strides, and yet I feel tired. I need a rest day.

Either I take a rest day tomorrow, or I do my two consecutive workouts of the week tomorrow and wednesday and take thursday off.

The latter was the initial plan so I would be more rested for a friendly 5K on saturday. But if I don't feel up to the workout tomorrow, I'll take the RD.

If you are racing Saturday you would do only one of the quality workouts (the slowest paced of the two) and get three days of easy running in leading into the race.

Or, if you are feeling particularly fatigued, skip them both and make the race your quality workout for the week.

Remember Daniels is written for high school and college aged athletes. Which was a major reason I modified his plan from time to time.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Tahoe fucked me over on getting to the gym this morning, and to be honest I had hit a pretty low point and went on a rant over FB about it... I am feeling better now, now that my BIL replaced the starter and he believes that should do the trick (we will see). I didn't plan on running until the afternoon with Dorian and Rocky BUT I feared that fate would mock me once again and find a way to fuck that up so Rocky and I went ahead on our run this morning. My blood was boiling so hot that I went ahead and wore shorts in 48 degrees, honestly my legs weren't cold, my fingers were cold but at that point I didn't give a shit.

We will see how tomorrow morning goes 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

1:33 - 1:36?

Probably.

Double for the day is complete.  60 minutes after work.  7.7 miles.  Mostly an easy effort except for one looooong uphill that I ran hard just to try to grab the Strava CR and I was successful.  O'Doyle rules.

<3

From the Internet.

I love that shoe, but now have it, the Hyper Speed and the Fastwich (which arrived today) to choose from for racing.

Ha I hope you have a lot of races coming up! :P

Me, I've had two separate orders from the 'House in the last week and I'm already trying to decide which pair to put that $50 gift card toward.  I've put my super old Wave Inspire 9s back into rotation and am really liking the extra cushion/support/protection for longer runs - I think it'll be even more appreciated when my long runs get up to the 14-15 mile range now, and for marathon training in the fall. Problem is that I tossed them in my bin of forgotten shoes with about 50 miles of run/walking on them 2 years ago, so I don't know how quickly they'll end up breaking down for good.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

6 really hard miles today. I'm starting to get fearful of my next marathon. This plan has me feeling nutty. I think I set my goal too ambitious. But hubby has faith I can get it. He's a sweetheart.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**