Beginners and Beyond

RoadID Questions (Read 94 times)

One2Run

I'm sure it's been asked several times, but I can't seem to find the "search" button on the forum's mobile site...

So, my question...which roadID do you like best, and why? What would you engrave on it? It's for DH for xmas.

Thanks in advance.

Hip Redux

I have the RoadID Slim, DH has the Elite.   I wear it all the time - he likes being able to easily take it on and off (the Elite has a clasp).  If I take mine off, I lose it, so I just wear it 24/7!  We started with the Sport versions but the velcro eventually wore down (but we're talking years).

Birdwell

I'm sure it's been asked several times, but I can't seem to find the "search" button on the forum's mobile site...

So, my question...which roadID do you like best, and why? What would you engrave on it? It's for DH for xmas.

Thanks in advance.

Buy him the gift certificate, and let him choose for himself.

It's not the same as opening it Christmas morning, but being able to personalize it himself will be better.

LRS

Chasing Muses

Buy him the gift certificate, and let him choose for himself.

It's not the same as opening it Christmas morning, but being able to personalize it himself will be better.

This! I had the dog tag and loved it because I could keep a house key on the chain. That seemed like a great idea until I lost it and realized that I lost a key, and a way to find out the address. Luckily, it turned up 6 months later in the lint filter of our washer (who knew the washer had a lint filter?). Now I have the cloth wristband, still with the interactive ID. But it's a very personal comfort thing, so I totally agree with the gift certificate.

Zelanie

I have the ankle ID, and I like it a lot.  It doesn't bounce around, and I don't have to think about it when it's on.  I have my name, date of birth, husband's cell, in-laws' cell (they're local), and the quote "miles to go before I sleep".

DavePNW

I have what I think is the slim - it's just basically one of those rubber bracelets with a metal tag clipped on. Works pretty well for me. I would try to find out what he wants & order it, better to give it to him.

I have name, year of birth (no date), home city/state/country, home phone (which we have since disconnected so I need to change this), and wife's cell.

No inspirational phrase. I was thinking something like "if found on ground, drag across finish line", or "please pause my Garmin".

Also thought it would be a great joke for my year of birth, to inscribe "1965-2013". So if something does happen, the EMT who finds me will be totally creeped out. I would just have to get a new one every year. For some reason my wife does not find this idea particularly funny. And in fact when I first got the RoadID, I thought she would be pleased that I was being so responsible. Instead, she said "Why - is something going to happen?"

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

I have the Slim as well.  I was already wearing two rubber bracelets all the time anyway (Jenny & Boston), so it made sense to get one that would fit on one of those.  I have the following info on mine:

Name YOB NKA

Wife's name & home #

Wife's name & cell #

MIL's name & #

SUCK IT UP

Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I got this one from goneforarun.com:

http://www.goneforarun.com/Silicone_IDmeBAND_Bracelet_p/tr-09400.htm

They have several different options at various prices:

http://www.goneforarun.com/IDmeBAND_Runner_ID_Bands_Indentification_Bracelets_s/947.htm

Mine says:

My name

City and State I live in

The first name and relationship of my emergency contact

My emergency contact's number

I Run 4 Judy

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I don't have one to be honest.  I used to have a shoe tag made by a different company that was much cheaper but I don't even use that anymore to be honest.  If I was going to get 1 then I would get a wrist version because that is where EMS will likely look for an ID.  As I understand they are trained to look for the medical bracelets like a diabetic person would have.

Shoe tags are available but there are no guarantees your shoes will stay on you at the time of impact.  I went looking for statistics on the loosing shoe aspect but I could not find anything except for accounts that yeah it sometimes happens.  Many of the EMS types on the boards say yeah it happens more often than not so having a shoe tag on a shoe that might wind up 50 feet away will not really help.

catwhoorg

Labrat

I think the bigger risk with a shoe tag, is having clothes cut off you by first responders, and them just not noticing.

I have a standard (velcro) one in blue, nice high visibility color.

Name/ Year

City, state, USA

DWname phone number Wife

Friend name phone # friend

Per Ardua, ad Asphalt

I don't have but will get a second tag for when I run in the UK on visits home. This year I just kept the same tag, but it makes sense to have my parents (who we stay with) on there for those runs.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Baboon

delicate flower

I have the slim rubber one and wear it all the time.

name/birth year

city, state USA

wife name and number

mom name and number

DID I WIN?

<3

Until I lost it last week (I had a dog tag on a chain and it must have broken when I pulled my jacket off mid-run) mine had:

My Name

Town, State

POA: wife's first initial and last name,

Wife's cell #

I like the idea of an inspirational or funny line - I'll do that on the next one.

I put POA rather than wife to signal that she has the legal right to make medical decisions even if I happen to be in a state that doesn't recognize our marriage.  And just the first initial because we have the same first name, which tends to confuse strangers.

bluerun

Super B****

I have the Slim, too; I like it because I never have to take it off!

I decided on the bracelet because I asked my brothers, who are emergency responders, where they first look for such things.  They all said wrist or neck; since I hate running with a necklace, the dog tags were out.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Dang, this crew is making me feel like such a slacker lol.  This is filed under one of the things I would like to have, I just would not buy one for myself (I would buy one for a friend or relative though go figure!).

I do have several laminated cards I made that I keep at work, in my truck, at home, in my backpack and I still manage from time to time to forget to bring one!  Listed is my name, DOB, three contact numbers, my employer and my blood type: Cabernet Sauvignon.  Cool

DavePNW

By the way, since you bring up blood type - maybe most of you know this, but I am told don't bother putting that on your RoadID. Any emergency medical personnel are going to type your blood themselves before they give you one drop, regardless of what's on your bracelet.

Dave