Beginners and Beyond

RoadID Questions (Read 94 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

By the way, since you bring up blood type - maybe most of you know this, but I am told don't bother putting that on your RoadID. Any emergency medical personnel are going to type your blood themselves before they give you one drop, regardless of what's on your bracelet.

That and my Dr told me they need so much more info than just your type so don't bother.

catwhoorg

Labrat

If you need blood RIGHT NOW, they will use some of the limited universal donor stock. (O negative)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

Oh, that reminds me MBC that mine says no allergies too.

kettledrum

I just ordered a couple of these.  http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+16+568&pcatid=568

Can't be beat for the price.  I had my crafty wife attach it to a little strap which I put on my shoes.  Though, like others have mentioned here, I have been wondering about the chances of my shoes flying off if the unthinkable happens, or if the EMTs know to check shoes for ID bands.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

That and my Dr told me they need so much more info than just your type so don't bother.

Yup, unless you happen to be away from civilization and need blood with a limited selection of donors around. Everyone sitting around the campfire determining who can donate for who is a bit over thought for 99.9% of outings.

I have mine on my ID, it takes 5 letters including the space, and doesn't cost me anything extra to have it.

(that and it reminds me of my type also!)

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I think giving the gift cert is the best bet. I got mine that way from a Secret Santa gift.  I have the interactive slim ID. The tag itself has just my name, YOB and the site info. I like that fact that I don't have to replace it if I move, I can list insurance info, multiple contacts, and complete med history.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

LRB

(that and it reminds me of my type also!)

Yep, 'cuz I sure as hell do not know mine!  I used to, then I forgot, and whenever I ask someone in the medical field they just shrug their shoulders.  >:-/

Hip Redux

Yep, 'cuz I sure as hell do not know mine!  I used to, then I forgot, and whenever I ask someone in the medical field they just shrug their shoulders.  >:-/

I know mine because I am an A+!  Always the teachers pet.

Pinktastic

I know mine because I am an A+!  Always the teachers pet.

Me too!   We're at the top of the class!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Me too!   We're at the top of the class!

Maybe that is why I can't!  A+ here but never fit either category.  Wink

Hip Redux

Maybe that is why I can't!  A+ here but never fit either category.  Wink

You're just not challenged enough.  Blood typing is too easy for you!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I always forget my blood type....but it's the one that can accept any blood type if I need a donation. Always figured that was fortuitous.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

I always forget my blood type....but it's the one that can accept any blood type if I need a donation. Always figured that was fortuitous.

Is that AB+?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Is that AB+?

It's AB but I can't remember if it's positive or negative. I should probably ask my mom one of these days, would probably be good to know.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

TJoseph

I have the slim, but I only wear it when running.

Name / Year of birth

City, State

Wife's first name, Cell phone #, WIFE

Daughter's first name, Cell phone #, DTR

No Known Drug Allergies