Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins (Read 15 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  Today will be a run to the gym and swim type of day.  This whole three days of cross training per week thing is interesting - I'm exhausted from it (for now) but I'm sure my body will adapt eventually.  Also, there's once again snow on the ground -- good for my dog, bad for me.  I was hoping to be done with all of the winter crap by now... =(

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Also - happy birthday Zel!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  High of 87F, so most likely TM.  FFS.

Happy Birthday, Z!

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Thank you everyone!

I saved my RD for today, so I just have my 1 mile streak run to do.  First I have work and a half-day meeting,   but afterwards we're going to dinner with my family at my favorite vegetarian restaurant.  My MIL made a cake, and I learned a lot about cakes from her, so I'm looking forward to that too.

From the Internet.

Vet just called with initial test results - my dog definitely has dog cancer (lymphoma) Sad The past 12 months have not been kind to my animals. Going to run out my emotions and discuss options with husband later.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

D: Great new cut and color! I LOVE it!

Z: Happy birthday to you. Go out and have some fun tonight.

Jill: You will get used to it. I had a hard time with it but now I actually look forward to it because I am seeing and feeling some results.

Lauren: Sorry about the dog. Ours is getting up there, too, and it's not easy sometime.

7 miles easy and 10x100 strides for me.

See ya.

Zelanie

Morning, Jack!  How do you like all the strides in the plan?

Lauren- So sorry!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Morning, Jack!  How do you like all the strides in the plan?

Lauren- So sorry!

So far so good. The strides are fine but I am still getting used to those FAST tempo runs. Seriously, I am not used to running faster that goal race pace.  Next week I will be running some 1000's at a 6:50 pace. That is crazy for me but I so far I like the plan. Let's hope it pays off with a nice PR. Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!!  We had a light dusting of snow, but my university got a little paranoid and delayed opening for two hours.  So I slept in, woo-hoo!!  My instruments are still shut down, so not a lot happening in my lab.  I may take Monday off just for the heck of it.  I might walk today, might not, depending on if the wind dies down.  Otherwise it's freakin' cold out there!!

Jill -- Enjoy the run/swim!!

Zelanie's birthday?  Happy birthday!!!!

Docket -- Enjoy your Pilates and TM 6!!

Zelanie -- have an awesome day, once the work stuff is done!!

Lauren -- Oh, dog cancer is THE PITS!!!  So sorry to hear this!!  That's how we lost Hope.

Jack -- Enjoy your 7 and strides!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Philliefan33

Hi everyone.

Happy Birthday Zel!

DR-- I like the new 'do.

I did 4 miles of fartleks on the TM today.