Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: The beginning of something good (Read 40 times)

outoftheblue

Three miles yesterday to cap off an 11 mile week.  I really needed this break.  One more very easy week, and then it's time to start building back up.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Hi guys.  With work and our exchange student and DD having some projects heading into break, last week was nuts.  I decided to do the best I could in those areas of life, and let running slip for a few days.  It was still super busy!  In any case, my mini-cutback week led to me feeling fresh enough on Saturday that I did my first speed workout since August.  It was just 6 x 400, but a couple of weeks ago when I tried it, I couldn't even hold pace for longer than 100m, so it felt really good.

Now I'm super sore, though!  I haven't used those muscles in a while!  It's hard to believe that my marathon program started with 12 x 400, and now half of that is kicking my butt.    But at least I know I can run at that pace again.  That's not how I felt a few weeks ago.

The plan is to get out and run 6 pretty soon.  Maybe I will wimp out and have breakfast and wrap some presents first, though.  How have you guys been?

DavePNW

I ran 6 this morning.

get out and run 6

Did this. 8:45 pace. Sunny day today! Don't expect to see too many of these for a while.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

DaveP: Good stuff. Pain free, I hope?

No run for me today, but I am going for a massage. I can tell when it's time because my hips and glutes start feeling tight so I know I have some knots in there pulling on tendons and my ITB and whatnot. We'll see about tomorrow.

Vacation is nice.

Zelanie

LRB

Word.

What up doe!

A similar period of time had gone between "R" pace workouts and even VO2 max TO a lesser degree for me as well, I am so happy to be back at it.

Thanks for being a great captain for my first miles game by the way, and sorry you never had to nag me to post my miles. 

Zelanie

What up doe!

A similar period of time had gone between "R" pace workouts and even VO2 max TO a lesser degree for me as well, I am so happy to be back at it.

Thanks for being a great captain for my first miles game by the way, and sorry you never had to nag me to post my miles. 

There's always next week!  Smile  Our team didn't really stand out this year, but I think we had a core group of people who enjoyed it enough to post regularly and have signed up for next year, so that's probably a success.

I didn't even try R pace until I had only 200m to go, though!  The rest was at 5K pace.  That was still enough to get 2:00 at pace per interval, so I figured it was doing some good.

DavePNW

DaveP: Good stuff. Pain free, I hope?

Pretty much, so far. I seem to always feel it after about a mile, making me nervous, but then it goes away. And then I felt something around mile 5, but above the kneecap rather than at the bottom where the injury was, so presumably unrelated. Funny how when you feel some kind of pain & realize it's not at the source of your injury, it's actually a good feeling.

Dave

LRB

Pretty much, so far. I seem to always feel it after about a mile, making me nervous, but then it goes away. And then I felt something around mile 5, but above the kneecap rather than at the bottom where the injury was, so presumably unrelated. Funny how when you feel some kind of pain & realize it's not at the source of your injury, it's actually a good feeling.

This is true.  During the time when I was coming back from an achilles issue on my right side, I was actually relieved whenever the left was sore. 

StepbyStep-SH

Still benched, though I will attempt at least some of our martial arts class tonight (probably just the ab work/warm-ups). Day made slightly better by putting sweetened condensed milk in my coffee and eating fudge to go with it while catching up on emails for work.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband tells me he has been throwing up since last night.  Like I need more sickness!

Damaris

LRB

My husband tells me he has been throwing up since last night.  Like I need more sickness!

I have not done that in a million years and even then never due to sickness. He's probably getting that ceap at work.

LRB

Still benched, though I will attempt at least some of our martial arts class tonight (probably just the ab work/warm-ups). Day made slightly better by putting sweetened condensed milk in my coffee and eating fudge to go with it while catching up on emails for work.

The first of the year is a good time to start the build up process, something I have quite a bit of experience in.

StepbyStep-SH

This is really going around our area - kids, adults, lots of people in my FB feed talking about illness in the last few days. Me? I'm staying home and carrying hand sanitizer anytime I leave my hermit hole.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is really going around our area - kids, adults, lots of people in my FB feed talking about illness in the last few days. Me? I'm staying home and carrying hand sanitizer anytime I leave my hermit hole.

Good strategy.

Damaris