Beginners and Beyond

ThurdDailies (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, Trixie Part 2, now Gracie, is hiding. This is why we can't have nice things. Stay tuned for real pictures eventually.

No description available.

Pictures of my next baby will be upcoming tomorrow (she was used in advertising by the humane society so she is famous). I have until 5pm tomorrow to pick her up; if they don't give it to me (since hubby put the Hold), I won't be happy:

No description available.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

DavePNW

Yes he’s such a sweet angel, he’s wondering who could have possibly made all that mess. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was made by itself; she is completely innocent.

Damaris

DavePNW

Damaris - I love black cats, every picture of them just looks like a pair of eyes, lol.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

You know what happens when you go to the Humane Society? Stay tuned for pics. And we got two (they won’t let us bring one until tomorrow).

This is why I don't like it when DW wants to go to a dog adoption event "just to see the doggies."

Congrats on the new additions, Docket!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 on the treadmill.

ETA, a new race was announced today. A 5k, 8k, HM and full in Ocean City, MD on October 28. Very tempting, although I am not a fan of the bridge onto Assateague Island. I swear every year I did the Seagull Century it was windy AF on that bridge. And I can picture that part of the race being a cluster with people needing to stop to take selfies with the ponies that live on the island.

Fred, weird about the differing watch readings. I'll get some weird ones if mine hasn;t connected to GPS, but it is usually only in 1 mile.

Docket, cute kitties.

sdWhiskers, your cat looks dangerously close to fall off the cable box with a stretch.

DavePNW, the poor dog could have been hurt when that toy exploded.

Baboon, yea, there isn;t much just looking at those.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Hi All - popping in to say hello. My hoped for reprieve at work has not happened but I have managed to fit in some decent workouts and a couple runs. So there's that. Foot/ankle thing continues to slowly improve. Getting cautiously optimistic I'll finally get over this, some day.

I need to catch up on posts but hope everyone is well.

DR - congrats on the new additions!

Dave - your dog seems to have narrowly escaped the same situation as our dog...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My coach is retiring so I'm between two plans for my next HM. Hanson and Pfitz. Hanson has a lot of 400, 600, 800, 1000, etc. workouts while Pfitz starts quickly with a combination of 3K-5K 2mins and further workouts and tempo and HMP workouts, alternating between them. I have used Pfitz before but for marathons. What are your thoughts on either if you've done any?

Damaris

DavePNW

We had a basket full of stuffed toys that had survived two dogs and 15 years. This dog had them all torn to shreds in about a month.

My coach is retiring so I'm between two plans for my next HM. Hanson and Pfitz. Hanson has a lot of 400, 600, 800, 1000, etc. workouts while Pfitz starts quickly with a combination of 3K-5K 2mins and further workouts and tempo and HMP workouts, alternating between them. I have used Pfitz before but for marathons. What are your thoughts on either if you've done any?

Well Fred is the Hansons expert. I used it for a couple marathons BITD, but never even seen their HM plan. I bought the Pfitz 5k-HM book and have used pieces of the HM plan—just sort of pulled some of the workouts for HMs not during my regular marathon cycle. In general I prefer Pfitz to Hansons. I think it’s usually a bit tougher if you’re into that sort of thing.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave I loved the Pfitz marathon plans I did.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Are you looking at the Pfitz plans in the Road Racing for Serious Runners book? I've done a 5k plan from there. I've never done Hanson's, it seems too rigid with the 6 days and how runs fit. Pfitz's plan seems more flexible, I put it into a Google sheet and color coded the weeks based on how he says to prioritize the runs.

I also like Hudon. Also very flexible.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes from that book. I am using the less than 30mpw and adding a bit more miles to it since I’ve been low on miles lately.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

DR - Congratulations on the new kitties.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Personally I lean toward Hanson, but that is because I'm more a middle distance than long distance runner and usually thrive on intervals. I still include them regularly while training for ultras.  From your past posts I think you would do better with Pfitz.  I assume in either case you will continue to rebuild you mileage base.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.