Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Skyfall (Read 36 times)

From the Internet.

Pay special attention to your upper calves, I've found that makes a huge difference in PF pain.

Ooh will do! I've been throwing every possible PT exercise, stretch, foam/lacrosse ball roll at my legs in general, but I'll attack my upper calves today!

RunningOnSand

Pay special attention to your upper calves, I've found that makes a huge difference in PF pain.

To piggy back alongside this, the Stick was the one thing that helped soooo much. I had my dh roll out my calves (about 1 min per leg) every night and it went from getting out of bed in the mornings, crying and not being able to walk, to it being tolerable. I have used my Stick for years, and it's been worth every single penny.

I ran 6.5 on the TM.

LRB

Yes. My original PF injury was preceded by a pop in my calf.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was able to leave the shop with enough time to get an easy 4.4 mile run in. Yay!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I dug out my insoles, remembered that I kind of hated them after wearing them around all afternoon Saturday, pulled out my heel cushions instead. I taped the foot up with athletic tape for today, will see how that does as an alternate method of support for when I'm shuffling around the house in slippers - I WFH so it feels weird to wear sweats all day but also actual shoes, lol.

MTA: It's also popped up in my "good foot", I had it in the left foot previously and that is 100% completely gone now - the right foot is the one that's JUST started complaining, so hopefully it won't be a long-term thing if I rehab aggressively.

Good. Heel supports didn't work for me, only arch supports did. Which was odd because the pain was worse in my heel, so supporting the arch made no sense. It still doesn't.  lol

LRB

We've been given the option to work from home this week.  I came in today because I had a meeting and also, my gym is in this building.  If I stay home all week, my miles will take a big hit because I'm not running outside in this, it's just stupid.  So I haven't decided which days I'm going to actually stay home.  I'm thinking Wednesday and possibly Thursday, but I'm taking my laptop home tonight just in case.

Anyway, I got 5.6 on the treadmill during lunch today.

My treadmill is at work as well. I have another option but am used to going to work for it.

onemile

I ran 8 on the treadmill because there's a lot of snow on the roads.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My TM should ship tomorrow and take two weeks to get here. Waahhh

Damaris

workinprogress11

Hang in there all of you Midwesterners. I would have been in the thick of it if we hadn’t moved to near Philadelphia last March.

3 mile jog today. It’s the first time I’ve run outside since September. It was sunny and 35.

Cyberic

I hate being sick. Everything seems harder. Today the cold was getting to me, tomorrow we're getting snow, and it will be harder to run in. Can't I just fast forward my life to when I'm not sick anymore?

RunningOnSand

My TM should ship tomorrow and take two weeks to get here. Waahhh

Two weeks! Where are they shipping it from? Dang! That's a long time.

WiP, yay!!! It sounds like you're on the mend for sure!

sdWhiskers

I hate being sick. Everything seems harder. Today the cold was getting to me, tomorrow we're getting snow, and it will be harder to run in. Can't I just fast forward my life to when I'm not sick anymore?

+1

onemile

Sounds like a day off might help

Baboon

delicate flower

10 mile tempo run went well. Those are tough runs. I'm glad that's done.

<3

DavePNW

10 mile tempo run went well. Those are tough runs. I'm glad that's done.

That was one hell of a run.

Dave