Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Skyfall (Read 36 times)

LRB

That was one hell of a run.

Really doe. Dude was passin' out sixes like he worked for the devil.

onemile

I see he did a Daniel's tempo ~hour at marathon pace. Sub-3 baby!

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks...I almost bailed less than two miles in because I was having a hard time breathing in the cold air. Once my lungs opened up, it got a lot easier. It's weird how much easier running is when you can breathe.  #damaris

<3

RunningOnSand

Really doe. Dude was passin' out sixes like he worked for the devil.

LOL

Cyberic

I see he did a Daniel's tempo ~hour at marathon pace. Sub-3 baby!

Really, that is a sub3 marathon workout right there

RunningOnSand

Baboon

delicate flower

Really, that is a sub3 marathon workout right there

Maybe if I was running twice the volume, but there is no chance on 45 mpw.

<3

LRB

Hang in there all of you Midwesterners. I would have been in the thick of it if we hadn’t moved to near Philadelphia last March.

3 mile jog today. It’s the first time I’ve run outside since September. It was sunny and 35.

I'll drink to that! Of course, I'll drink to just about anything. lol

Are you on an every day schedule or every other day?

You'd be proud of me; after 20 minutes in this ice box I cranked the heat up to 80. I've never done that before!

LRB

You have plenty of time to bump up mileage. But yeah, do whatever you've been doing since it's obviously working!

LRB

My TM should ship tomorrow and take two weeks to get here. Waahhh

Did B 1 ever show up?

Baboon

delicate flower

You have plenty of time to bump up mileage. But yeah, do whatever you've been doing since it's obviously working!

Mileage won't get too much higher than 50 mpw. Sub-3 was never my goal.

<3

LRB

Mileage won't get too much higher than 50 mpw. Sub-3 was never my goal.

Just a mere thought. No biggie. I ended my post with what is most important.

Cyberic

Right. I hear ya. But it's still nice to know, I guess, that if you truly trained for a marathon you'd have a serious shot at sub-3.

I'll drink to that! Of course, I'll drink to just about anything. lol

#metoo

I did my last "long" run of 13 easy on Sunday.  When I started it was 48, when I finished it was 63, and when I went to lunch (bomb ass Mexican) it was 81.  Ahh, winter.  This morning was 7 easy with 6x10 second hill sprints, another "cold for here" day at 47.  I am NOT complaining.  After Friday's terrifyingly difficult workout, today's easy pace crept down below GMP, so I guess sleep was what I needed.  Got a box o' Gu in the mail, can't wait to play "what flavor sounds like it will be the least disgusting at mile 20" roulette.

Husband decided he would run the 1/2 option (which means I have someone to drive me home!), but his venture to procure running shoes from Big 5 resulted in a set of cross trainers.  I made him play LRS using Amazon's lovely free return service, I ordered 4 pair of shoes and made him try them all on.  I got him to finally admit I know more about this than he does when he put on a pair of Launch 5s and fell straight up in love with those bitches.  If only he would listen to me earlier!!!

Now to resume e-discovery, interrupted by the need to weather stalk approximately every 17 minutes.

LRB

Got a box o' Gu in the mail, can't wait to play "what flavor sounds like it will be the least disgusting at mile 20" roulette.

I just got my second variety box from Amazon (I got the first one back in August, I think). After years of playing favorites, now I just gobble down whatever my hand pulls out of my fanny pouch. Smile

Seriously though, the Jet Blackberry and Chocolate Outrage could rule my inner sanctum. But yeah, choosing GU flavors for a marathon takes WORK.