Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

Then you are more prepared than I am.

Not really, I just have fewer shoes. I rotate 3, and one is designated for speed workouts and races.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Not really, I just have fewer shoes. I rotate 3, and one is designated for speed workouts and races.

They're not mutually exclusive though -- you're still more prepared than I am! Actually, come to think of it, I wore the Ghost for this HM last year, and those are definitely not shoes I tend to race in. Still my fastest half in 2018, because it was that kind of year.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

They're not mutually exclusive though -- you're still more prepared than I am! Actually, come to think of it, I wore the Ghost for this HM last year, and those are definitely not shoes I tend to race in. Still my fastest half in 2018, because it was that kind of year.

Either prepared or stuck in a rut. I'm not really into shoes in general, and still think they're not too major a factor. I believe what you wrote - if I'm in PR shape, I can PR in Ghosts. I was pretty much shamed into getting a pair of race shoes by the forum. I have them so I wear them for 100% of races.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Either prepared or stuck in a rut. I'm not really into shoes in general, and still think they're not too major a factor. I believe what you wrote - if I'm in PR shape, I can PR in Ghosts. I was pretty much shamed into getting a pair of race shoes by the forum. I have them so I wear them for 100% of races.

Asteria it is, then 

If only it were that simple! Or if only I weren't so indecisive, more like

chasing the impossible

LRB

I have a marathon Sunday and here I am at the ER with a swollen foot from the fall. But hubby wanted to check for DVT and here I am, wasting the ER staff time and getting a tetanus shot due to the fall and no clots.

Geezus

bluerun

Super B****

I have a marathon Sunday and here I am at the ER with a swollen foot from the fall. But hubby wanted to check for DVT and here I am, wasting the ER staff time and getting a tetanus shot due to the fall and no clots.

chasing the impossible

LRB

HA! No. I ran a very disappointing HM in those, but then, I ran nothing but disappointing races in them. The magic shoes are hoarded PureConnects... until this year, every single HM PR I'd ever run was in those, and every HM I ran in them was a PR.

I have a pair of Pure Cadence that have less than 10 miles on them. They're the sweetest looking shoes I own....never ran a PR in them though.

GinnyinPA

D - is your foot hurting? Good luck with it.

I ran 6.2 easy at the county park.

bluerun

Super B****

I have a pair of Pure Cadence that have less than 10 miles on them. They're the sweetest looking shoes I own....never ran a PR in them though.

Color matters, evidently. I need the original PureConnects in Nightlife. The red PureConnect 2s were a dismal failure in Tel Aviv 2014. Granted, I was injured then, but one could argue that a calcaneal stress fracture is an injury and I still got a PR with that...

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Color matters, evidently. 

And I like looking like a bumblebee.

MTA: I've been wearing the same shirt for every race lately too. One more decision I don't need to make.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

And I like looking like a bumblebee.

MTA: I've been wearing the same shirt for every race lately too. One more decision I don't need to make.

You were saying?

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

You were saying?

(my shoes, but not my feet)

Dave

sdWhiskers

I must have missed it. What happened?? Is this somehow connected with the house flood?

bluerun

Super B****

Brooks does like that Nightlife yellow. Which is great, because so do I! (My Ghost 11s are that color. Snagged the last one in my size when they finally went on sale after the 12 came out.)

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

matching singlet?