Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

(my shoes, but not my feet)

Are those similar to the old T6 racer by any chance? I liked that shoe but it had the most curved last of any shoe I've every tried to wear. It essentially got to the ball of my foot and took a left or right turn, which meant my foot just stuck straight out of it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Brooks does like that Nightlife yellow. Which is great, because so do I!

As does Saucony, and me too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D - is your foot hurting? Good luck with it.

I ran 6.2 easy at the county park.

Not really.  Foot was swollen and I thought it was from the fall and later the HM or I twisted it afterwards.  Hubby was worried because he is 5 states away and he said it could be a blood clot from our long ass drive.  He scared me enough to ask for time off and get it checked.  So I checked the hospital 1 mile from my home.  Pretty neat.  But gah.

I'll tape the foot for my run tomorrow but the doctor wasn't worried.  He was more shocked that I ran a HM after my fall. I'm like NBD, lol.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I must have missed it. What happened?? Is this somehow connected with the house flood?

No I fell Saturday and since you asked, here is the gross picture of that night:

On top of that, I ran a HM on Saturday and I must have twisted my foot on the fall or on Saturday.  It didn't bug me until today and it was swollen.

If I can blame Lowes for the pain I will, ha.  After all I slid through the water trying to rescue the floor and cats.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

As does Saucony, and me too.

Saucony's version is slightly less neon, though.

My dive color is neon yellow, too, and it drives me insane how awful regular yellow looks with it. Because some brands just don't do it right, and then I can't do yellow. #boohiss

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Are those similar to the old T6 racer by any chance? I liked that shoe but it had the most curved last of any shoe I've every tried to wear. It essentially got to the ball of my foot and took a left or right turn, which meant my foot just stuck straight out of it.

They're "similar" in that they're sort of a support version of the Hyperion, which replaced the T7 (which replaced the T6). A poor replacement, if you ask me. I loved the T7. I don't hate the Hyperion, but a T7 it is not. I do think the last is less curved, though.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

They're "similar" in that they're sort of a support version of the Hyperion, which replaced the T7 (which replaced the T6). A poor replacement, if you ask me. I loved the T7. I don't hate the Hyperion, but a T7 it is not. I do think the last is less curved, though.

Out of curiosity, how many pairs are you up to? Last I remember, it was north of 50?

DavePNW

I think there was a previous support version called the ST Racer.

I never wore any of the previous versions. I tried the Hyperion and liked the feel, they were super light weight and comfortable. But they were a little snug in the toebox, and I need some roominess. Plus I was concerned maybe too minimalist for me. The Asteria feels a bit sturdier, not quite as lightweight, and fit me better in the forefoot.

Dave

LRB

I think there was a previous support version called the ST Racer.

I never wore any of the previous versions. I tried the Hyperion and liked the feel, they were super light weight and comfortable. But they were a little snug in the toebox, and I need some roominess. Plus I was concerned maybe too minimalist for me. The Asteria feels a bit sturdier, not quite as lightweight, and fit me better in the forefoot.

You started kickin' ass when you added a dollop of color to your repertoire. That goes for your log, too!

Runshortii

Docket that sucks! Hope it helps quickly

I ran 6 with hill surges. Quads were tired but felt okay. I’m hardly ever having pain in my arch/heel now, but sometimes I’ll get a weird warm sensation up the heel and arch. Weird. It’s not a burning at all, doesn’t hurt. Just feels like I put my foot in a nice warm bath

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 6 with 3 @ HM effort.

LRB

Docket that sucks! Hope it helps quickly

I ran 6 with hill surges. Quads were tired but felt okay. I’m hardly ever having pain in my arch/heel now, but sometimes I’ll get a weird warm sensation up the heel and arch. Weird. It’s not a burning at all, doesn’t hurt. Just feels like I put my foot in a nice warm bath

It is weird. Can't say I ever felt that but it's all good as long as you can RUN.

LRB

Just under 6 with 3 @ HM effort.

What's next for you in terms of events?

DavePNW

You started kickin' ass when you added a dollop of color to your repertoire. That goes for your log, too!

lol, you were the happiest guy on the planet back when my log finally branched out from all gray.

Dave

DavePNW

matching singlet?

Not exactly, but my standard race shirt goes with it pretty well.

Dave