Beginners and Beyond

Intervals TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Cyberic

I'll be heading to the track on my bike in a short while. The bike is to carry the work clothes, the shower stuff, the food. I could use the car, too, but I'll go on the ol' bike.

What's up with you guys and gals?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Had the fun of a horrendous calf cramp when I stretched after my alarm went off. Great way to start the morning. Was planning on intervals after work, but now not sure since it still is tender.

No more marathons

Another 4 or 5 mile slog in the noon day heat.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.2 miles.  Sleep was hard to find last night, and I got up very early with no umphh.

I hope everyone has  great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  4 mile jog done early this morning, thus completing my hardest scheduled workout for the week.  Currently enjoying my large 65 cents cup of gas station coffee.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and 7 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

LRB

I'll be heading to the track on my bike in a short while. 

Enjoy! My beloved midweek interval sessions have been shelved, indefinitely.

onemile

My beloved midweek interval sessions have been shelved, indefinitely.

Why?

Cyberic

Enjoy! My beloved midweek interval sessions have been shelved, indefinitely.

Why? Maybe I have not been paying attention...

I ran 6 x 800 w/400 (3:00, 3:01, 2:57, 2:58, 2:58, 2:56).  6.8 miles total. I'm happy with that. Although difficult (in a good way), I carried my 400m pace onto the 800s.

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 3.2 miles.  Sleep was hard to find last night, and I got up very early with no umphh.

I hope everyone has  great day!

My left eyeball popped open at 3:00 am, and I don't think it's so much as blinked once since. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning ya'll, I didn't get to run this mornig.

Due to this hot, hot weather here, the boys (my stepsons) are now working 3rd shift out on the shop floor. Unfortunately they don't get up too good by themselves and one of us has to set an alarm at 11-11:30 PM to wake them up which then wakes Dorian back up when then has me up throughout the night.

Hopefully it was just a coincidence this morning, and tomorrow he'll sleep through so I can get up and run...... of course there's also the severe storms coming this afternoon and throughout tomorrow that could ruin my chances of running.

Weather permitting, I do have a 4-5 miler planned this evening with the group.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got up at 4:30 this morning to run instead of waiting to run after work, as our local heat index after 4 PM is going to be around 104 - 107.  That is a bit too warm even for me.  Nice run/walk this morning at Fort Sam Houston.  Some of the Army Trainees were out doing their 2-mile Physical Testing run and I got to run with those folks for about a half-mile or so, that was pretty nice.  I ended up with 45:02 run/walk, the longest I've gone since this stupid adductor injury happened in March, so making some nice progress finally, but still taking it kind of easy; although the leg is much better, I can tell it's still not ready to go all-out again yet.   It's all good, just happy to be able to be out there and do any kind of running at this point.

Ugggg, calf cramp, so sorry about that Half Crazy.  Hope that resolves quickly.

Good luck with the heat still bluesky.  Used to not bother me so much, but seems like the older I get the more it gets to me, uggg.

Sorry about the lack of sleep, PleasantRidge.  Power naps at the desk today? 

Way to go on your run, Baboon.  Enjoy the coffee.

Damaris, if San Antonio's heat index today is going to be 104, I can just imagine what it will be in Miami. Always amazes me you can run in that stuff.  I miss those days when I was 'young and invincible' like you are now. 

Hope it all works out for you FreeSoul!

Sorry about you being Popeye today, LRB!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Why?

Basically, I've been beating a dead horse with speed work for over a year now. Actually, the thought that I was overtrained/under recovered first crossed my mind last September, but it's taken me since then to put it all together. 

As such, I've pretty much just been running easy the past month and physically I've felt the best I have in forever. But more than that, mentally I am actually having some really good runs where I'm not hating them or they're feeling like work.

So for the time being, the plan is to keep the quality work really light, run easy for the most part, and not put too much pressure on myself to perform. So far it's been great.

Cyberic

Basically, I've been beating a dead horse with speed work for over a year now. Actually, the thought that I was overtrained/under recovered first crossed my mind last September, but it's taken me since then to put it all together. 

As such, I've pretty much just been running easy the past month and physically I've felt the best I have in forever. But more than that, mentally I am actually having some really good runs where I'm not hating them or they're feeling like work.

So for the time being, the plan is to keep the quality work really light, run easy for the most part, and not put too much pressure on myself to perform. So far it's been great.

That's cool.

The overtrained/underrecovered part is a sneaky thing.