Beginners and Beyond

Intervals TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got up at 4:30 this morning to run instead of waiting to run after work, as our local heat index after 4 PM is going to be around 104 - 107.  That is a bit too warm even for me.  Nice run/walk this morning at Fort Sam Houston.  Some of the Army Trainees were out doing their 2-mile Physical Testing run and I got to run with those folks for about a half-mile or so, that was pretty nice.  I ended up with 45:02 run/walk, the longest I've gone since this stupid adductor injury happened in March, so making some nice progress finally, but still taking it kind of easy; although the leg is much better, I can tell it's still not ready to go all-out again yet.   It's all good, just happy to be able to be out there and do any kind of running at this point.

Ugggg, calf cramp, so sorry about that Half Crazy.  Hope that resolves quickly.

Good luck with the heat still bluesky.  Used to not bother me so much, but seems like the older I get the more it gets to me, uggg.

Sorry about the lack of sleep, PleasantRidge.  Power naps at the desk today? 

Way to go on your run, Baboon.  Enjoy the coffee.

Damaris, if San Antonio's heat index today is going to be 104, I can just imagine what it will be in Miami. Always amazes me you can run in that stuff.  I miss those days when I was 'young and invincible' like you are now. 

Hope it all works out for you FreeSoul!

Sorry about you being Popeye today, LRB!

LOL, I run on the TM.  Hell no.

Damaris

DavePNW

8 w/5x100m strides + 2 ~LT pace. Should've been HMP, but did them too fast. Wearing my brand new, 6 week old marathon shirt. It's actually a pretty nice one.

Dave

onemile

Basically, I've been beating a dead horse with speed work for over a year now. Actually, the thought that I was overtrained/under recovered first crossed my mind last September, but it's taken me since then to put it all together. 

As such, I've pretty much just been running easy the past month and physically I've felt the best I have in forever. But more than that, mentally I am actually having some really good runs where I'm not hating them or they're feeling like work.

So for the time being, the plan is to keep the quality work really light, run easy for the most part, and not put too much pressure on myself to perform. So far it's been great.

Maybe this is what I need.

LRB

That's cool.

The overtrained/underrecovered part is a sneaky thing.

I'm not sure what it is but my working theory is that I can probably run easy often and race sparingly (to what level will be determined) and not feel beat all to hell without the demand that speed work is putting on my body and recovery.

We shall see...

LRB

Maybe this is what I need.

You have a break coming up, yes?

onemile

You have a break coming up, yes?

Yes... I decided to wait until mid-July so I don't have to worry about running on vacation.  Trying to decide though, what to do between now and then.  <-- nevermind. I have a plan now.

LRB

Yes... I decided to wait until mid-July so I don't have to worry about running on vacation.  Trying to decide though, what to do between now and then.  <-- nevermind. I have a plan now.

I love it when a plan comes together...or something like that. lol

onemile

I love it when a plan comes together...or something like that. lol

I was just waiting for my coach's input and she gave it and I said okay. 

LRB

Bam.

onemile

Bam.

I like to be told what to do.

delicate flower

The beauty of a coach...doing the thinking for you.  Worth every penny.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Miss having a coach.

Damaris

LRB

Miss having a coach.

You knew your coach when he was just a regular dude, is he like rich and famous now?

Cyberic

I'm not sure what it is but my working theory is that I can probably run easy often and race sparingly (to what level will be determined) and not feel beat all to hell without the demand that speed work is putting on my body and recovery.

Speed work definitely puts a heavy toll on my body.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You knew your coach when he was just a regular dude, is he like rich and famous now?

Sort of...

Damaris