Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Set what clock back?  They basically all did it themselves, gotta love technology.

Wha chu up to today?

Hip Redux

It is egg nog in my coffee season!  I picked up some egg nog coconut milk yesterday.  Big grin

I will be heading to the gym to hit the treadmill today at some point.  Just 30 minutes planned.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Waiting for the ferry. My start is 1030.

Damaris

Hip Redux

GOOD LUCK!

LRB

Three marathons in four weeks?  Maniac?  Yep.

Have a good race!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning Dailies!

Special shout out to all those running the NY Marathon. D, Niece Shonna, local friend David - all of you - best of luck.

As I said to others, may the wind be at your back for the whole 26.2 miles!

Oh, an easy 3-4 for me this morning. After my coffee, of course!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

outoftheblue

Good Luck Damaris!

I'm finishing up some coffee before driving over to my HM this morning.   It's going to be cold and windy and I'm not feeling 100%.   It's one of the days I wished I hadn't signed up for this race.  But, at least its for a good cause -- the event is a fundraiser to provide collage scholarships for returning war veterans.

Life is good.

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Saturday: 10:31.5 plank / 16 miles 2:25:55 - 9:07 avg. pace - general aerobic + 1 mile cool down. I was reading about the plank challenge and decided to see what I could do. I've done one plank - 4 or 5 minutes - several years ago and this, my 2nd attempt, was much easier. Seemed to loosen up my shoulders [expecting the opposite] then took off for an easy 10. Feeling good I kept going, running continuously [no hydration] until I bumped into a former work associate and chatted with her for several minutes.

I'm ahead of mileage for the week [resting at 78] so I think I'll duck out for an easy 6 recovery before the F1 race / NYCM and then another 6 or so later. Run inspired!

Damaris - Good luck!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Jess runs for bacon

Good luck!!!! Perfect weather today Smile

i drank an entire bottle of wine last night, so it is probably good I am not running. But I will be watching the runners! This will be my first time watching a big city marathon. Oh and I got to meet Deena Kastor yesterday!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Three marathons in four weeks?  Maniac?  Yep.

Have a good race!

Is this the time to say I have two next weekend?  One for sure?Big grin

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Damaris!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Mrs. Coffee has done her thang so I am heading to the gym for 30 minutes on that ridiculous recumbent bike, and 30 on the elliptical.  I am not at the point yet where I feel it is smart putting 60 minutes of load bearing weight on my back so that is why I am doing it this way.

Holla back later, whoop-whoop!

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck, racers!

I have several local friends in NYC this morning - sending them good vibes! Especially to my friend, Deb, who was right at the finish in Boston when the bombs went off. She has been very anxious about this trip and I hope she has a fantastic day.

But no time to watch. Church, Sunday school, run, yoga, lunch and then a hayrack ride with DS's 4-H club on tap today, plus I need to bake a bunch of cookies tonight. Busy day!

Today's run should take me to 50 miles for the week for the first time in a long time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Saturday: 10:31.5 plank / 16 miles 2:25:55 - 9:07 avg. pace - general aerobic + 1 mile cool down. I was reading about the plank challenge and decided to see what I could do. I've done one plank - 4 or 5 minutes - several years ago and this, my 2nd attempt, was much easier. Seemed to loosen up my shoulders [expecting the opposite] then took off for an easy 10. Feeling good I kept going, running continuously [no hydration] until I bumped into a former work associate and chatted with her for several minutes.

I'm ahead of mileage for the week [resting at 78] so I think I'll duck out for an easy 6 recovery before the F1 race / NYCM and then another 6 or so later. Run inspired!

Damaris - Good luck!

6 miles 57:49 - 9:38 avg. pace - recovery A.M. /

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile