Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Sundailies! (Read 41 times)

LRB

I see a lot of treadmill running next week as the sub zero temperatures descend upon us.

+1

The overnight lows for Monday through Friday are 10, 11, 7, 0 and 10.  While I have run in similar temps and much worse, I am not sure I am feeling that any of that nonsense at this point in the year. Especially when the wind chill is not factored in those numbers and I would be running in pitch black darkness.

StepbyStep-SH

Nothing today. My knee really started hurting yesterday afternoon after having run on it in the morning, so I decided to take a RD. And probably nothing tomorrow either, as DH is traveling, it is too damn cold and slippery for me to run outside, and I don't like leaving DS at home in the early morning to go to the Y (why running around our neighborhood is different, I don't know, but it is).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

0, I have a migraine.  I guess I should taper then, no?

Damaris

happylily

To run or not to run, that is the question. First, I should maybe take my PJs off and put some day clothes on.  But don't judge me so quickly! I worked hard all day on a essay I have to hand off tomorrow on how to manage children's crisis and the best way to handle the surplus of energy and aggressiveness (wait, aggressivity isn't a word? It should be...) in pre-schoolers. My solution: an 18 week marathon training plan for little ones.

Okay, maybe I'll put shorts on and run a slow 5 miles before we lose power. The lights have been flickering all day...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10.7 for me today. So far I haven't needed anything this year like screw shoes. I've been hesitant to try them because with my luck and ineptness with anything involving tools and hardware, I'd either use screws that were too short and they'd fall out or too long and they'd poke into the soles of my feet.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

+1

The overnight lows for Monday through Friday are 10, 11, 7, 0 and 10.  While I have run in similar temps and much worse, I am not sure I am feeling that any of that nonsense at this point in the year. Especially when the wind chill is not factored in those numbers and I would be running in pitch black darkness.

+2.

Another reason I wanted to get out today, it may be awhile. Tomorrow AM is supposed to be 6 degrees with a windchill of -14. And it's currently snowing on top of the slush which will soon be turning to ice. Helloooo, treadmill.

Dave

happylily

10.7 for me today. So far I haven't needed anything this year like screw shoes. I've been hesitant to try them because with my luck and ineptness with anything involving tools and hardware, I'd either use screws that were too short and they'd fall out or too long and they'd poke into the soles of my feet.

I would feel the same way. Plus, it seems like sacrilegious to do that to running shoes. Why not buy shoes made for the purpose of running in snow and icy grounds? I'm sure they make those, no? Better yet: Buy a treadmill!

Great job on 10.7, George!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

+1

Those are about our highs for this week.

Doesn't Wednesday look wonderful? And those temps are all before wind chill is factored in.

Hip Redux

+1

Overnight low on Wednesday is -5 here.  But thankfully, I don't live in WI.  

Always root against the Cowboys.  Thems the rules.

Half Crazy K 2.0

The lowest low in Maryland is 11 on Wednesday. Positively balmy conditions. Not. I see some treadmill runs in my future.

Cyberic

I did this to retired running shoes. No sacrilege there. And why not buy shoes specialized for running on ice and snow? Because those are two very different needs. For snow I bought trail shoes.They have a deeper sole thread and gummier sole. Excellent for 95% of winter. For very icy conditions, I wanted to try the $2 worth of screws before spending $150 on shoes I'm gonna use fewer than 4-5 times/year. Plus I like to try stuff like that.

I would feel the same way Plus, it seems like sacrilegious to do that to running shoes. Why not buy shoes made for the purpose of running in snow and icy grounds? I'm sure they make those, no? Better yet: Buy a treadmill!

Great job on 10.7, George!

did

Cyberic

Stupid small phone screen

DavePNW

I'm more interested in "The Deviant History of the Snowman".

Those are about our highs for this week.

Doesn't Wednesday look wonderful? And those temps are all before wind chill is factored in.

Dave

Cyberic

To finish my post on a proper computer, the problem is that you need metal spikes for icy conditions, but I don't want them all the time as you can't walk in anywhere you want with them, especially not where there are wooden floors.

There, post finished.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm more interested in "The Deviant History of the Snowman".

Quality information brought to you by The Weather Channel.