Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Sundailies! (Read 41 times)

LRB

Always root against the Cowboys.  Thems the rules.

I am a nervous wreck watching this thing!

Amen.  Let's go, Lions.

The weird humidity was here too, my car had a thick layer of condensation on it this morning like a bathroom mirror after a hot shower.  That's gone now, replaced by wild wind and plummeting temperatures.

14.8 on the beach... er... TM.

LRB

To finish my post on a proper computer, the problem is that you need metal spikes for icy conditions, but I don't want them all the time as you can't walk in anywhere you want with them, especially not where there are wooden floors.

There, post finished.

If it's bad enough that I need spikes, I most likely will not run in it.  Granted, I have options like a plowed path so I just usually drive there and run on the weekends or off days and use the treadmill for the rest of the week.

B-Plus

To finish my post on a proper computer, the problem is that you need metal spikes for icy conditions, but I don't want them all the time as you can't walk in anywhere you want with them, especially not where there are wooden floors.

There, post finished.

I have a set of those that I've used exactly once. Probably 5+ years ago.

on my way to badass

Overnight low on Wednesday is -5 here.  But thankfully, I don't live in WI.  

Oski is right about Dallas. Go Detroit! Dallas is the evil Empire. Modified to sound less judgey.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hell, Wednesday's low will be 1 degree and I could care less (I guess it should be couldn't care less....but i don't give a shit damn it). If my legs aren't being total cunts, I'm getting out the door and running.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Hell, Wednesday's low will be 1 degree and I could care less. If my legs aren't being total cunts, I'm getting out the door and running.

So you do care?

onemile

Overnight low on Wednesday is -5 here.  But thankfully, I don't live in WI.  

I wish I could say the same...

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So you do care?

damn it, I am half assing this thinking thing. Let me be 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Some guy I know might be visiting a warmer city at the end of this week, and it looks like he picked a perfect time. Wink

happylily

I think I wrote "hand off" in a previous post and it should be "hand in"... maybe? I get all confused with the ins, outs, offs, etc... Must correct before onemile sees it...

I ran 9.66 miles easy and then heard a loud POW and the treadmill abruptly stopped. I think I might have  just killed my 4th machine in 7 years. But first, before I start panicking, let's see what Dr SO has to say about it...Anyway, I was hurting, so I'm not too upset about the interruption.

Eric, you always make too much sense when you analyse things. Stop that.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Those are about our highs for this week.

Doesn't Wednesday look wonderful? And those temps are all before wind chill is factored in.

Nice deals on swim outfits too!

Hip Redux

Nice deals on swim outfits too!

Because when I see temps like those... I think swim suits.

Hip Redux

I am a nervous wreck watching this thing!

Seriously, Detroit,  WTF already.