Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES! (Read 45 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 outta 14. I was top 3 AG in 2 other races, but they only gave awards to AG winners.

UPS finally got their shit together & delivered my 220 and shoes. DH doesn't seem to think I need the shoes.....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Husbands do not know everything!

Damaris

RSX

I always thought that was completely stupid, especially given the volume of posters over there. It would be one of the most important criteria in selecting a forum platform if I were doing the decision making.

S*S claims it was tested but is blaming Hoopla. I replied that RW owns it as it's their site etc.

RSX

5 outta 14. I was top 3 AG in 2 other races, but they only gave awards to AG winners.

UPS finally got their shit together & delivered my 220 and shoes. DH doesn't seem to think I need the shoes.....

I got my 220 yesterday. It might be a little while before I open the box and read the instructions

Half Crazy K 2.0

I got my 220 yesterday. It might be a little while before I open the box and read the instructions

Same here. Definitely not going to make its first run a 5k in Saturday.

LRB

Same here. Definitely not going to make its first run a 5k in Saturday.

With the quickness that thing grabs a satellite you're gonna love it!

DavePNW

With the quickness that thing grabs a satellite you're gonna love it!

Until it doesn't anymore.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

It has to be quicker than my 405. I have had days i sit it on the windowsill for 5 minutes and it still can't connect. And then it will immediately connect when I forget to turn the GPS off on the treadmill.

Baboon

delicate flower

It has to be quicker than my 405. I have had days i sit it on the windowsill for 5 minutes and it still can't connect. And then it will immediately connect when I forget to turn the GPS off on the treadmill.

The newer Garmin devices "remember" satellites, so they lock in quickly.  The older ones need to locate satellites every time.  I've progressed through 410, 610, 620, and 920, and satellite lock in has gotten faster with each device.  I turn mine on now and the GPS locks in before the HRM and footpod connect.  I am reminded of how fast mine is when I run with DW and have to wait for her 910 to find satellites.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Oh, 5.

<3

Cyberic

4 x (1 mile T w/ 1 minute Easy)

DavePNW

The time to pick up a satellite on my 210 seemed to get longer & longer over time, till eventually it seemed like an eternity. Before it finally died.

When I first got my 220, it picked up a signal almost instantaneously. But after a while, occasionally I would have to wait. And wait. Sometimes it would pick it up quickly, sometimes not. I posted this a while back, but I no longer wait for it to pick up a signal; I just press the button & start running. And it seems to track the mileage from the beginning, apparently due to its internal accelerometer. So it will give you the correct total mileage, but there may be a segment at the beginning which does not show up on the map. Good enough for me; ain't nobody got time for that.

Dave

RSX

I started off with a cheap New Balance watch. On a good day it took 5 minutes to get a signal. If I was driving to run with friends I would let it search while I was in the car. I have 2 degrees but rarely got the 2 views I wanted although I looked at the instructions a lot. I'm guessing the 220 will be an improvement

Half Crazy K 2.0

Decided to break up the treadmill run. Did 45 minutes on the treadmill, then a plyo/lower body weights DVD (about 30 minutes), then back on the mill for 30 minutes.

onemile

Just 6 for me before nosework class.