Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

GinnyinPA

10.3 miles with 5 at LT. My legs were toast the last mile.

sdWhiskers

I put my marathon race report here:

https://loopsters.org/index.php?/entry/350-first-marathon-arizona-rnr-rr/

It's where RWOL's The Loop migrated. I think a proper RR has pictures and I don't have the energy to figure out how to do that on RA. I don't think you need to create an account to read the content but if so, let me know. Enjoy!

Hey people.  Shortii, damn, nice 1/2!  Dry heaving FTW.  KC, sounds like you ran it exactly the way that made sense.  MT is on like Donkey Kong!  Dave, I hope you made it to Japan with all your stuff.  Bert, that dirty martini... it's all I can think about now.  Lawd, I needs one STAT.  But Docket needs it more.  What a cluster.  ROS, that's moving it in the snow!  I would be so scared of falling, I'm not sure I'd even try.  You got guts!

Running over the weekend wasn't too crazy, it was a cutback week, so 4.6 on Saturday, and 14 on Sunday--4 warm up, 7 @ MP, and 3 cool down.  I was all proud of myself and my amazingly easy feeling MP miles yesterday, then this morning I'm like an 80 year old hobbling around.  I had planned 8 this morning, but had to cut it to 7 because I was so GD slow.  Apparently I just found recovery pace.

bluerun

Super B****

!!!!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

10.3 miles with 5 at LT. My legs were toast the last mile.

I just reread the Pfitz chapter on Lactate Threshold and the pace is pretty much the same as with Daniels. I've never run 5 at LT.

If it were not that his plans do not fit at all with my personal life schedule, I'd be interested in trying one of his plans for the first time. I think I'm going to reread his book.

Cyberic

!!!!!

Nice! It's essentially a F5X, right? Same size as a F3? If you could post a pic of the watch on your wrist Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I put my marathon race report here:

https://loopsters.org/index.php?/entry/350-first-marathon-arizona-rnr-rr/

It's where RWOL's The Loop migrated. I think a proper RR has pictures and I don't have the energy to figure out how to do that on RA. I don't think you need to create an account to read the content but if so, let me know. Enjoy!

Great RR! Congrats again!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5.25 with 6 X 100m on the TM.  The strides were a bit faster than before but they felt easy.

Damaris

LRB

I have been lucky enough never to have a toe blister, black toenail or a toenail loss.

Spent 4 hours at the office waiting for the letter that was to tell me I couldn't work and to go home.  I'm home finally.

NASA posted that they will not be posting or commenting on Instagram during the shutdown. That post has over 23,000 comments!

GinnyinPA

sdwhiskers - great race report. Congratulations! How is the toe now?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training

SdWhiskers, nice RR! Yikes on the toe issue. The wind & heat sound like pretty rough conditions.

bluerun

Super B****

Nice! It's essentially a F5X, right? Same size as a F3? If you could post a pic of the watch on your wrist Smile

I don't think I've ever seen the F3 in real life... it looks pretty big on my wrist compared with the 620, but it's so much smaller than my Suunto Zoop that it's kind of insane.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I don't think I've ever seen the F3 in real life... it looks pretty big on my wrist compared with the 620, but it's so much smaller than my Suunto Zoop that it's kind of insane.

Yeah, well DCR said the F5X was the same size as the F3. No reason to doubt him. I know what the F3 looks like on my wrist, so wanted to see on yours Smile Looks very nice. The F3 is also heavier than the 620, but I got used to the weight in about a week or so.

KCRuns

Monday night run group. I was early and got 2 miles on my own, then 3.8 with the group. About halfway through our run, we got caught in a hail storm. That was a first for me. That shit hurts. It took all the hot water for me to warm up when I got home.

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah, well DCR said the F5X was the same size as the F3. No reason to doubt him. I know what the F3 looks like on my wrist, so wanted to see on yours Smile Looks very nice. The F3 is also heavier than the 620, but I got used to the weight in about a week or so.

It’s definitely heavier, but I had bigger/bulkier watches before the 620 (310/910), so I’m not bothered much by that.  Though I never would have worn those as a regular watch!  I feel like it would look a little silly if I did that with this, but I’ve yet to decide whether I care. 

chasing the impossible