Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdaylies on the 2nd (Read 25 times)

DavePNW

But I have had 7x1 mile before..

At what pace?

Dave

onemile

At what pace?

Typically that is starting at HMP and working down to 10k pace.  So it averages out to between the two.

LRB

I was going to compare it to the 8x1k workout but that would be more like 8x 4 minutes.  But I have had 7x1 mile before..

Right. At his GHMP it would be. T is closer to 10k pace so that would put him somewhere between 6:30 and 6:20 maybe, which might even exceed 1200m. I think.

DavePNW

Typically that is starting at HMP and working down to 10k pace.  So it averages out to between the two.

That sounds pretty sucky.

Dave

DavePNW

Thank god it is almost lunchtime.

Dave

onemile

That sounds pretty sucky.

If you are tired going into it, it's pretty awful

onemile

Thank god it is almost lunchtime.

I ate my lunch around 11 

Cyberic

Right. At his GHMP it would be. T is closer to 10k pace so that would put him somewhere between 6:30 and 6:20 maybe, which might even exceed 1200m. I think.

Yeah, last Thursday's workout started with  3 x 5 minutes at T pace, and they were 1.22, 1.23 and 1.23 km or 1220m, 1230m and 1230m.

My T pace is roughly between 10K pace and HMP, but as you mention *I think* it is slightly closer to 10K pace (the "I think" is because someone is about to ask me how I'm supposed t know my HMP if I haven't raced one in ages).

Runshortii

I ran 5, with 3 at what was supposed to be HMish pace, but I ran the last two too fast. Oops. Last week when I tried a tempo run I couldn't even get below 8:00. What a difference 20 degrees makes

onemile

I ran 5, with 3 at what was supposed to be HMish pace, but I ran the last two too fast. Oops. Last week when I tried a tempo run I couldn't even get below 8:00. What a difference 20 degrees makes

It looks like it is going to be nice and cold for our race

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had to go back to SBux, I'm still hungry.  And I had lunch at noon, which is late for me (unless I'm with the hubster, who makes me wait to 4pm some times.  Apparently, we are West Coast training).

Damaris

LRB

Aw shit. 

Baboon

delicate flower

I see Nike is making their two hour marathon attempt this weekend in Italy.

<3

DavePNW

Dave

DavePNW

I see Nike is making their two hour marathon attempt this weekend in Italy.

I'm guessing there's a lively letsrun thread on this too.

Dave