Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdaylies on the 2nd (Read 25 times)

No more marathons

Only quality workout this week (other than the HM on Saturday) and it was short but intense.

1 X mile at 5K pace (7:00) 3 to 4 minute rest

4 X 400 at 5K pace with 1 minute rest

Needed to pick it up for the last 2/3rds of the mile to get it back to 7

And I don't know about you guys, but there is no way I can look at my watch to check pace when I'm doing 400's just about full out. Hit these suckers like a metronome - 1:32, 1:33, 1:32, 1:32. - so all under 6:30 pace. I'm good with that.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Runshortii

Only quality workout this week (other than the HM on Saturday) and it was short but intense.

1 X mile at 5K pace (7:00) 3 to 4 minute rest

4 X 400 at 5K pace with 1 minute rest

Needed to pick it up for the last 2/3rds of the mile to get it back to 7

And I don't know about you guys, but there is no way I can look at my watch to check pace when I'm doing 400's just about full out. Hit these suckers like a metronome - 1:32, 1:33, 1:32, 1:32. - so all under 6:30 pace. I'm good with that.

This makes me tired just reading it

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Unplanned rest day...... due to crap.....

So happy I've got my new phone, that old hunk a junk had no volume and I didn't hear the alarm this morning or yesterday but at least I woke up at 3:16 AM... this morning Dorian woke me up at 3:50 AM.

Good news is the water is going down, and we might actually be able to use our driveway when we get home this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Whatever the distance, if I'm about full out, I don't look at the watch much.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.8 with 3 tempo. Damn it was windy. A few times it was nearly stopping me in my tracks and felt like there was sand or something blowing around. Closest beach is 12+ miles away.

onemile

I ran 9 with

2 mile warm up
              1 mile hard - was supposed to shoot for something around 6:40 - 6:45 or so
              (4 minutes rest)
              and then 8 x 400m around 6:30-6:35 pace with 90 seconds rest
              2 mile cool down

Half Crazy K 2.0

Any ladies on here done a women only race? The 5k I was looking at for next weekend has disappeared from the race management company's site, Running in the USA and active. So I take it to mean cancelled . It was truly flat, not "relatively flat" aka fake flat. Anyway, same weekend there is a women's only 5k at a state park, which is also really flat, not fake flat. Any pros or cons? I think it's a small enough race that congestion shouldn't be an issue.

DavePNW

Any ladies on here done a women only race? The 5k I was looking at for next weekend has disappeared from the race management company's site, Running in the USA and active. So I take it to mean cancelled . It was truly flat, not "relatively flat" aka fake flat. Anyway, same weekend there is a women's only 5k at a state park, which is also really flat, not fake flat. Any pros or cons? I think it's a small enough race that congestion shouldn't be an issue.

This is of no help, but I have looked at a couple "women's races", because they fit all the key race criteria otherwise (date, location, course). None of them strictly prohibited men, they just exempt us from any awards. But I could never bring myself to do it.

Dave

onemile

I haven't done one but it seems like around here they offer a bunch of stupid stuff like roses and tiaras and other 'girly princess' things and then jack the price wayyy up.

I would try to make sure it's chip timed and the course seems accurately measured.... but I would try to do that with any race I haven't done before

Half Crazy K 2.0

I haven't done one but it seems like around here they offer a bunch of stupid stuff like roses and tiaras and other 'girly princess' things and then jack the price wayyy up.

I would try to make sure it's chip timed and the course seems accurately measured.... but I would try to do that with any race I haven't done before

Yea, there is a post race flower . It's $30, so not the cheapest, but definitely not the highest (that goes to the new trend of wine or beer fest runs that want at least $65 for a 5k!!!!!). It's chip timed. Instead of a shirt, they are doing arm warmers, which would be more usual than another crappy shirt. The course should be accurate, it's the running club, plus, I know this park is also used for the local tri.

DavePNW, this is part of the MD RRCA women's distance series. Men are invited to volunteer. One of the races does have the "Run After The Women", which is for the guys after the women's race.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have done a couple. But ours are pretty large down here so usually chip timed and certified. Make sure it's both.

6 done.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

$30 for a 5K?  That's a steal!

Damaris

onemile

Yea, there is a post race flower . It's $30, so not the cheapest, but definitely not the highest (that goes to the new trend of wine or beer fest runs that want at least $65 for a 5k!!!!!). It's chip timed. Instead of a shirt, they are doing arm warmers, which would be more usual than another crappy shirt. The course should be accurate, it's the running club, plus, I know this park is also used for the local tri.

DavePNW, this is part of the MD RRCA women's distance series. Men are invited to volunteer. One of the races does have the "Run After The Women", which is for the guys after the women's race.

okay, I would do it.

last minute 5k registrations are typically at least $40 here (I am painfully aware of this from last year)

DavePNW

+1

Dave

LRB

Sad but true.

Gotta pay for them stupid ass finisher's medals somehow.