Beginners and Beyond

Marathon SunDAILIES is finally here (Read 46 times)

onemile

That is impressive! Hope you feel very proud of that. It is not a small feat!

Thanks. I am very happy with my race today.

Cyberic

Nah! I think the 10 minute jump in BQ time between M40-44 and M45-59 is too big for the little fitness you lose between those two AG.

But, thank you nonetheless 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, George.

I checked the weather back home. 99F but at least the dewpoint was just 73. I might miss my flight. Ha.

Damaris

LRB

I can't imagine the whining we would have had to withstand if the 45:00.5 shown on your garmin had been the official 

lol

Hip Redux

Nah! I think the 10 minute jump in BQ time between M40-44 and M45-59 is too big for the little fitness you lose between those two AG.

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

I can't imagine the whining we would have had to withstand if the 45:00.5 shown on your garmin had been the official 

HA!  Did you SEE my splits?!  No way in hell was that going to happen. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

It's the forums. I don't sound so dumb in person, I swear! 

It actually makes sense in my head, and in a pub, with a beer in our hands, you'd come to agree with me. Eventually. After a few pints. 

bluerun

Super B****

It actually makes sense in my head, and in a pub, with a beer in our hands, you'd come to agree with me. Eventually. After a few pints. 

But you might be saying something entirely different after a few pints.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

After a few pints of the right shit, you could convince me the earth is flat. lol

StepbyStep-SH

Congratulations to both the speedy (bluerun, OneMile, Cyberic, LRB) and the determined (George, D, and Mr.Docket)!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Congratulations to both the speedy (bluerun, OneMile, Cyberic, LRB) and the determined (George, D, and Mr.Docket)!

Baboon

delicate flower

I don't think I am faster than you. I think the opposite, actually. I think I'm close, but behind. Although my time would not get you into Boston, it would still be a BQ for you, and I'm certain that given the correct conditions (temperature like I had today) you can run a sub 3:15.

LOL I know exactly what you are saying.  I'm confused on what the confusion is.    I think I'd be OK if I BQ but miss the cutoff.  I want to break 3:15.

<3

Hip Redux

LOL I know exactly what you are saying.  I'm confused on what the confusion is.    I think I'd be OK if I BQ but miss the cutoff.  I want to break 3:15.

I was mostly commenting on his no loss of fitness between 40-44 and the 59 year olds in his beer-assisted creation of a 14 year "45-59" AG.

LRB

My adductors are broken, and actually I'm relieved that the left one hurts worse.