Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 37 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I really am like a dog, lol. Went for a planned 3 mile run after work last night, starting from one of our local YMCAa.   But... after I got out there,  saw a road I had not been down before...hmmm, where does that go? Wandering down the road I went, lol, exploring. Got myself a bit lost too. Ended up with 3.8 miles..but had fun!   Felt strong the whole way too. Still debating whether I am going to get the pacemaker or not.

Weather was lovely last night too in San Antonio...67 degrees, low humidity and low dew-point.  Today we are going up to 76 degrees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

I was treated to some hills and got lost several times,

Dude! You have GPS tracking features on your"computer". Back to start and other navigation stuff. But unlike the diving feature that works without pressing start, navigation doesn't.

Cyberic

I scale the distance back as well. My guesstimate is that most plans are written with a 6minute/mile 5k runner in mind. I use that as an estimate and then try to keep the time similar to what a 6mm would do. Daniels mentions this in his books.

This.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Been busy today, gah!  Ran 10 this morning and then dropped Bugsy at the vet for the tests.  He is now resting behind my ass here, which makes it hard to work from home with half of the seat taken.

I have Pilates tonight.

Damaris

7 slow AF recovery miles.  Cy, I'm feeling the ramp up too, I'm flat out tired.  Next week is cutback.  This week is not though, and since I was so damn slow on Monday and today, I don't see any way around a double tonight.  Also, I need to check myself, I am managing to out eat my miles and the scale is creeping up.  Time for some self discipline. 

Docket, good thoughts for Bugs!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, and today hasn't really been any better.  My mom, who also had brain surgery for an aneurysm at the same time as my husband went for an MRI for a headache.  And she has liquid on the area around the surgery.  Hubby says that's normal (he still has), so I'm not going to worry too much, but come on.  If he gets bad news tomorrow, I'm going to get drunk.

Damaris

Oh, and today hasn't really been any better.  My mom, who also had brain surgery for an aneurysm at the same time as my husband went for an MRI for a headache.  And she has liquid on the area around the surgery.  Hubby says that's normal (he still has), so I'm not going to worry too much, but come on.  If he gets bad news tomorrow, I'm going to get drunk.

I would buy you the drinks if I was there.  My cranial wonder managed to get himself an umbilical hernia on Tuesday, which seemed pretty awful, but this puts it in perspective.

RunningOnSand

ScottyDawg, LM & Docket, that's such awful news all around (pacemaker, hernia, aneurysm, Bugsy...). Hoping everything works out for the best for each of you. I can imagine how stressful it is for you guys right now. Sad

4.5 recovery miles, slow AF on the TM. I kept increasing my speed, then thinking better of it and slowing it back down. I did think of you guys, and thought to go to 5 miles (re: your convo of adding a few extra tenths/halves of miles) but since I'm still pretty new to running 6 days a week I thought I'd just stick with the plan, as to not piss of the Achilles. 

KCRuns

Annnd I left home without my work I.D., my wallet and money. I guess that makes me John Doe, with no dough. lol

I can't help you with the work ID, but if you have Apple Pay (or any other equivalent), then you can probably get through the day just fine.  Most days, I don't take my wallet out of my purse at all, I just use Apple Pay for everything - cabs, lunch, groceries, prescriptions, etc.

KCRuns

Docket, LM, Scotty, sending prayers your way! I hope y'all get good news.

Today must be the day for slow AF recovery miles for all of us tired runners.  I did 5.5 of them on the treadmill.  I stayed at the slow end of my warm up pace and never felt the need to speed up.  I forgot my headphones, so I was reading, which is hard to do when you're running/jogging.

bluerun

Super B****

Dude! You have GPS tracking features on your"computer". Back to start and other navigation stuff. But unlike the diving feature that works without pressing start, navigation doesn't.

I know, and I had my phone with me!  It’s more fun to find your own way back though

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

ROS - did you ever ask your coach the reasoning behind that 10 miles at HMP and faster? I was just curious the reasoning

LRB

I can't help you with the work ID, but if you have Apple Pay (or any other equivalent), then you can probably get through the day just fine.  Most days, I don't take my wallet out of my purse at all, I just use Apple Pay for everything - cabs, lunch, groceries, prescriptions, etc.

I have a 'Droid. There is a pay feature for it, I just haven't activated it.

I didn't even know such a thing existed until I ventured into a Starbucks in Boston and witnessed an entire legion of people in front of me paying with their phones. You can then imagine the embarrassment then when it was my turn to pay and I pulled out cash, which totally bogged down the line. Oops!

sdWhiskers

Sorry to hear so much bad news all around. And lots of slow running and getting lost, geez

My biggest issue today at work is dealing with a scientist's worst nightmare: irreproducible data. How much money do you spend chasing a result that you can't get to happen again? And time is money as well. Grrrr

Still debating my running plans for the evening. I have not adjusted to running after work so it'll probably be 3-4 and not 6-7 miles. And to join everyone else, I'll do slow AF miles.

RunningOnSand

ROS - did you ever ask your coach the reasoning behind that 10 miles at HMP and faster? I was just curious the reasoning

Your post made me realize I hadn't emailed him yet...email sent! I'm also curious the reasoning. I'll report back when I hear.