Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Enjoy that refreshing new feeling (Read 30 times)

DavePNW

I really enjoyed running in that area

We are staying in downtown Spokane. Looks like there’s a path along the river.

Dave

LRB

I ended up in the office till 7:30 PM but got (almost) everything done, so I can be more relaxed for the weekend and walk into less of a shitstorm Monday.

Yesterday was a good day.

LRB

it promises to be pretty rednecky

Hopefully you don't get eaten. 

LRB

So the cardiologist my doctor referred me to didn't have an opening until nearly a month away, which is really no big deal, given that I don't really quite understand why I'm going to a cardiologist at all. 

I had inquired about such a thing some years ago but my doctor shot it down saying that every time I run I'm performing a stress test on my heart, and that if there were any issues it would be apparent. He did order an EKG "just to have some baseline numbers" but that's about as far as that whole thing went.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A light rain and cooler temperatures made for a delightful run this morning. 8 miles today.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour, 35.82 miles

bluerun

Super B****

I had inquired about such a thing some years ago but my doctor shot it down saying that every time I run I'm performing a stress test on my heart, and that if there were any issues it would be apparent. He did order an EKG "just to have some baseline numbers" but that's about as far as that whole thing went.

Yes, well, this situation is somewhat different.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Yes, well, this situation is somewhat different.

Of course. Just relating that experience. Not trying to equate anything.

LRB

Hey.  With all due apologies to the light sleepers here, I think I have gotten more sleep the past four nights than the average person gets in a week.  

I really hate to touch this. I mean I reallly, really hate to touch this, but yeah, sleeping has been less of struggle the past month than in any other time that I can remember...in my life! I've been throwing up 4 to 5 hour blocks of sleep like I got narcolepsy or some shit. It's been wonderful. #knocksonwood

onemile

I really hate to touch this. I mean I reallly, really hate to touch this, but yeah, sleeping has been less of struggle the past month than in any other time that I can remember...in my life! I've been throwing up 4 to 5 hour blocks of sleep like I got narcolepsy or some shit. It's been wonderful. #knocksonwood

hope you didn't jinx it 

LRB

hope you didn't jinx it 

I think you did by hoping I didn't 

onemile

I think you did by hoping I didn't 

LRB

It's nothing a lot of miles won't fix, and I got those!

MTA: For me anyway

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My 18 went well, but my knee is a bit achy from a little tweak I did while getting off the TM.  The HMP pickups were fun.

Heading to the airport now.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Managed to get out of the office by 1 this afternoon and home in time to get in 6 miles. It was only 75 degrees but the 78% humidity just felt blah. Luckily there was a 10 mph ENE wind so I got to feel that at some points.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Pick my race shoe, please and thank you. (Sometimes I need others' opinions to realize how vociferously I disagree with them.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog